• Yesterday Tillo and I had our first agility match! It was a very simple fun match, organized by the Dutch dog forum, but it was a good way to practise with all the distractions.. new dogs, new environment.. nerves πŸ˜ƒ

We had to walk one round, with jumps and tunnels only. Jumps for Large dogs, were on Medium height. There were no DQ's, only 'faults' and time. Tillo became 12th from 21 beginner dogs. He ran off at the start to go through a tunnel.. ggg.. It was soooo "Tillo" to do that.. πŸ˜ƒ I started him over again (time was running from our first start) and he did perfect! I was soooo proud at the finish!

This was our run:

Here the video that Job took of us:

[yt]kNT9RB9A76M[/yt]

And some pics from other forum members πŸ™‚

I'm sure we are going to compete more often! We enjoyed ourselves very much!

• Woo hoo go Tillo fantastic pics Janneke:D

Don't know if it is just me but I can't see the video!!

• @basi:

Woo hoo go Tillo fantastic pics Janneke:D

Don't know if it is just me but I can't see the video!!

Here the link to YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNT9RB9A76M

πŸ˜ƒ

• @Janneke:

Here the link to YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNT9RB9A76M

πŸ˜ƒ

That was brilliant well done to you both:D You can just see how much he loves it:D

• @basi:

That was brilliant well done to you both:D You can just see how much he loves it:D

Thank you! Yes, he loves it! He was first trying to make a lure course start.. ggg.. I had to really talk him out of doing that πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ

• @Janneke:

Thank you! Yes, he loves it! He was first trying to make a lure course start.. ggg.. I had to really talk him out of doing that πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ

Haha yes he just wants to keep you on your toes:D

• @basi:

Haha yes he just wants to keep you on your toes:D

Well.. he does.. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ

• that is sooo cool …...........

• Lovely pictures - Tillo is obviously putting his heart into it!

One of mine used to curl up in the middle of the agility tunnel and go to sleep!

• oh, very nice. he has great enthusiasm

• I think the fastest agility basenjis tend to also be lure coursing basenjis. Feigh used to do a lot of "lure coursing" starts.

Great job. You are lucky that you get to take their treats on the course with you - that really helps for the newer enviros. In the US - that would be seriously frowned on - even in a match. :O(

W460

• @sinbaje:

I think the fastest agility basenjis tend to also be lure coursing basenjis. Feigh used to do a lot of "lure coursing" starts.

Great job. You are lucky that you get to take their treats on the course with you - that really helps for the newer enviros. In the US - that would be seriously frowned on - even in a match. :O(

I could only bring the treats because this match was nothing serious. On real matches, also the ones for 'beginners', treats/toys/etc are not allowed. That's why this match was a good 'first' πŸ˜ƒ

• Janneke,

awesome run! looks like you and Tillo have a really good understanding/partnership in this thing, which is essential! If you keep competing, next time should be number 1! πŸ˜‰

• Wow - how cool is that?! πŸ˜ƒ

You both did a wonderful job!
    Tillo seems to have so much fun :o
    … and basenjis are never boring :rolleyes:

I love the vid and the last pic - Tillo in full speed :p

btw:
    But you will attend at Huenstetten-race, won't you?

• Great pics Janneke!!!

Tillo looks so happy πŸ˜ƒ

• @Elysium:

btw:
    But you will attend at Huenstetten-race, won't you?

I think we will. I already informed BF.. haha.. he wasn't too enthusiastic about the 4 hour drive.. gg.. but he's willing to do a lot for me and our pup πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ

I don't think I'll show Tillo.. so only the running part for him πŸ˜‰

Now I just need to remember to send in the entry form..

• @Buana:

Great pics Janneke!!!

Tillo looks so happy πŸ˜ƒ

As long as he can run, he's happy.. I'm glad we have enough activities to keep him running πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ

• He did realy well, great vid and i love the pics of him in full flight.

• That looked like fun πŸ™‚

• First Basenji's

He listens to you so well. Looks like he REALLY wanted to get going, but he still minds your cues. How fun.

Suggested Topics