• Hello everyone,

My fiance and I just rescued a puppy who was being neglected. Poor thing was tied up outside and fed rotten food. We kept in touch with the local pound who was keeping an eye on him. Long story short we fell in love and took him in.We were told he was a Basenji mix. What he is mixed with we have no clue. The vet said it was hard to tell but he think it's mixed with terrier. When we first took him home he was super tiny and malnurished. We're working on that now. His picture is up so if anybody might have an idea onto what he might be mixed with pllllllllllllllllllllllllllease let us know.

Other then that he is doing great. Just a few obedience issues lol but getting better. He'll be one in November, we call him Barrett. He gets along with the cat extremely well, it's funny cause he wants to play with her so bad but she won't have anything to do with him as of yet. We've noticed he is quite the chewer, hardly makes any noise unless we leave then he wines, he is very active, loves to cuddle up, and loves his one stuffed carrot toy over the rest lol. We've noticed he is very good with children. We live in an area that has a few and he handled them extremely well.

I've always had older dogs in my house but I've never raised a dog from puppy up before. So I've never had to do the potty training or obedience training.He's had a few accidents in the house but is pretty good about telling us when he needs to go out. As for his number two though he likes to go right by the cat litter. We can never seem to get him to tell us about that part. Any helpful hints?

So glad I found this site! I'm excited to communicate and hope everyone has a good start to their week! Thank you!

• First Basenji's

Welcome to the forums!
    We love pictures (hint hint)!
    As for potty training help, I potty trained an older dog, but lots of treats and praise helped, as did putting him on a schedule and taking him to the sames spots every day. Hope that helps, but there is a lot of good advice in the Behavior portion of the forums.

• @b&mReid:

What he is mixed with we have no clue. The vet said it was hard to tell but he think it's mixed with terrier

I'm not sure how effective these things are, but ThinkGeek has a testing kit that looks for specific breed markers. It might help you figure out what other dog it's crossed with.

• @b&mReid:

His picture is up so if anybody might have an idea onto what he might be mixed with pllllllllllllllllllllllllllease let us know.

Where is his picture "up" at?

Welcome to this forum, glad to have you all here with us.

• Welcome to the forum to you and Barrett - I cant find the pictures!!

Suggested Topics