• Is the puppy frantic when crated or calm?

• Be patient and follow the advice given about carrying him out of the crate after he has eaten. Watch carefully for 'I need to poo' movements (usually restlessness and turning round and round. Also watch him behind to see whther he is pushing out although not all do this.

Personally I think you're expecting a bit much in a short time - usually I find the mothers train their pups in the first instant but he might not have had that puppy learning. I see this was posted as a 'bad problem' but it's certainly not that - there could be far worse problems LOL!!!

Again I say be patient, he's only a baby! You'll most likely look back on this in a few weeks time and wonder why you were so concerned!

• How much time does he spend in the crate, in a 24 hr period? If you said, I missed it…

• Keep the routine of taking him outside periodically as you are doing and give him LOTS of praise as soon as he does his business outside. It just needs time, since he understood that the only way of relief was doing his job inside the crate. Keep consistency and you will see the positive results you are looking for.

Suggested Topics