I need help please!! Father dieing and 2 dogs need a home

• My father adopted 2 Basenji's from Jaroufa Hounds in Lakewood NJ a few years ago. I have been trying to contact them but they seem to have dropped off the earth. I cannot find them anywhere - phone # disconnected, yellow pages can not find name of group or the owner, Kathryn Ladick.

My father is lying in the hospital waiting to die. I can not take care of the dogs and do not want to turn them over to the local shelter. I know that Basenji's are a special breed and need a good home.

If anyone can help me out, please let me know. The dogs are currently in Pennsauken NJ

• Don't worry anyone,Dogs are coming home to me here at Jaroufa Hounds.
    Richard always knew that he could bring dogs back and his son finally found me.
    Anubis and Anuket will stay with me until a home is found or I will keep them .

Kathryn

• @mniebo:

My father adopted 2 Basenji's from Jaroufa Hounds in Lakewood NJ a few years ago. I have been trying to contact them but they seem to have dropped off the earth. I cannot find them anywhere - phone # disconnected, yellow pages can not find name of group or the owner, Kathryn Ladick.

My father is lying in the hospital waiting to die. I can not take care of the dogs and do not want to turn them over to the local shelter. I know that Basenji's are a special breed and need a good home.

If anyone can help me out, please let me know. The dogs are currently in Pennsauken NJ

She is still around, if you want to contact me privately (my email is on my website, link below) And she sometimes posts here on the Forum…

• @Rocky1:

Don't worry anyone,Dogs are coming home to me here at Jaroufa Hounds.

Kathryn

Glad they caught up with you… knew that you posted here now and again.

• Hi Pat,
    Everything is under control.Son got in touch with me to bring the kids home.

Kathryn and the
    Jaroufa Hounds Gang

• I'm so sorry to hear about your father and can sympathize with what you are going thru.

I just looked thru my BCOA roster and don't see her listed. I know that Kelli Harmon (Kiroja Basenjis) knows Kathy and knows how to get ahold of her. Her email address is kelli at kirojabasenjis dot com.

One of the other breeders on here might know how to get in touch with her as well.

Please let us know how you make out.

• I did find Kathryn and she will be taking Anuket and Anubis home.

Just to update - tonight at 6:14 my father did pass away peacefully in his sleep.

Thank you to all of you who replied to this thread, thank you for all of your good wishes and thoughts.

Mark

• Mark,
    You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers… I hope that he knew that his basenji's would be well taken care of. God Bless.

• My condolences on your Dad's passing.

• Dear Mark,
    Your dad was the greatest Basenji dad.
    I know that he is at peace now and with your mom,and Honey.
    Anubis and Anuket will have a home here with me forever.
    Please know that your dad will always be remembered by me and I will pray that you are comforted.

Kathryn

• I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad passing - my condolences.

• Condolences on the loss of your father – I'm sure he's playing with all our basenjis who have crossed the rainbow bridge.

• First Basenji's

I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for stepping in to look after your father's dogs, and thanks to the breeder for taking them back and putting everyone's minds at ease. The pets surely provided him much happiness in life; I believe that the joy that he was lucky to share with those basenjis (and the rest of his family, too) filters into the beyond.

• @Rocky1:

Don't worry anyone,Dogs are coming home to me here at Jaroufa Hounds.

Kathryn

Are they still available? How old are they? We presently have a 20 month old r/w well behaved basenji that we are thinking about getting a playmate for. Brindle is prefered but will consider another r/w or Tri from as young as a puppy to 2 years old male.
    Thank you
    Ruben

Suggested Topics