Georgia- 6 Basenji pups need rescue!

• These 6 basenji puppies were rescued from a kill shelter in rural GA. The same day they were rescued, they began to show signs of Parvo. The woman who helped rescue and agreed to transport them must now quarantine and treat them in Georgia before she is allowed to take them across state lines to Florida, where they will be cared for by a wonderful Rescue Organization until they can be placed in permanent homes.Parvo is VERY expensive to treat, and still she does not have the heart to give up on these guys. Please help in any way you can.

******If you are near Lawrenceville, GA, she needs help transporting fencing. Any donations are appreciated. I know this is a tough time for everybody right now, but if we all chip in a little, it will go a long way to helping these guys out.

THEY NEED HELP. I am only cross posting so please contact the page owner for questions on how you can donate or help.

IF you are on FaceBook- please go to this page and "like" it.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11798&id=129425800433193#!/pages/HELP-SAVE-6-BASENJI-PUPPIES/129425800433193

We are trying to take donations for these babies.
    One passed already because the Parvo was already to far along. 😞
    They need vet care and emergency medical treatment NOW.
    The sweet girl taking care of these babies only volunteered to transport, but when the pups got sick in her car, she knew something was wrong. She is not allowed to cross Georgia State lines with these sick dogs to get them to the rescue group in Florida.

For those of you NOT on Facebook here is the contact info:

Send donations to: Gwinnett Animal Clinicl 190 Buford Dr. Lawrenceville, GA 30045. Their phone number is 770-963-6903. Please specify that you are donating to the Basenji puppies that Erika is trying to help.

OR: Erika has a Paypal account use her email address all_good_dogs@yahoo.com

• This has already been posted on the Forum, however we didn't have the paypal info, so thanks for posting it.

• I wonder if there is any way that BRAT could revisit this situation. I understand that they made a donation, but it seems there is probably money available to assist with the medical care of these Basenjis. I know there is some question about whether they are full Basenjis…but to me, they look enough like it that BRAT should be in on this. Anybody active in BRAT want to try to push the issue further? Or if my information is wrong, feel free to correct me also.

• @Quercus:

I wonder if there is any way that BRAT could revisit this situation. I understand that they made a donation, but it seems there is probably money available to assist with the medical care of these Basenjis. I know there is some question about whether they are full Basenjis…but to me, they look enough like it that BRAT should be in on this. Anybody active in BRAT want to try to push the issue further? Or if my information is wrong, feel free to correct me also.

I am the Texas District Coordinator for BRAT and I can assure you We are keeping a close eye on them, but at this time, they are spoken for by another Rescue group. This rescue group is in Florida, and wasnt ecxpecting the financial burden, so we are trying to raise money for the extra emergency expenses. BRAT reps have evaluated these babies, and they are in most opinion, Mix Basenji's. BRAT has made a large donation for their care, and we are all hoping and praying they make a full recovery.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

• @tanza:

This has already been posted on the Forum, however we didn't have the paypal info, so thanks for posting it.

Where else was it posted? I wasnt aware of it, and want really sure in which category to post this in.

I can add the info there as well if you will point me in the right direction.

thanks

• @BendaTXBRAT:

Where else was it posted? I wasnt aware of it, and want really sure in which category to post this in.

I can add the info there as well if you will point me in the right direction.

thanks

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=9377

Suggested Topics