What's your b's favorite food?

• I feed Chase (Puggle) and Zahra (Basenji) Eagle Pack Holistic

As for other weird things they eat they both love carrots, spinach, apples, and anything else that we have.

• My two eat Wellness dry and Merricks (any kind) wet. They love the Merricks!

• We use Timberwolf - Lamb Barley & Apples

http://www.timberwolforganics.com/product_p/lba.33.htm

It's great for basenji's sensitive tummies - really pure products, good essential oils. We started him on it even as a puppy (recommended by the breader), we tried to switch him to a more generic brand and our basenji would have nothing to do with that change.

• I feed Sandie pedigree puppy… she also likes carrots, broclie, small pieces of cheese, chicken, she usually like to taste what ever her humans are having... i also give her chicken puppy biscuts, and the small round raw hides...

• Be careful with that round rawhide, Sahara almost chocked (spelling) on a round rawhide and she is 8 mos. old. I talked to my vet about rawhide and she said to always pay close attention anytime she is chewing on rawhide, and the bones shape ones are best. Check out the Dingo brand chicken/rawhide sticks, Sahara loves them, they are at Walmart. :o

• Oh Sandie is always supervised with rawhides she chews them usually laying at my feet… i get the really small round ones so incase she swallows to big of piece she hopefully wont get it impacted ... but i will check out the brand you suggested...

• We feed ours Merrick canned and dry also. I could eat it myself. Smells good and does not cause runny movements. No rawhides here, it seemed to make ours too agressive. We do the dried chicken, expensive but no fat and they like it for a treat. Greenies once or twice a month, when I need a half hour to myself. I have used supplemental vitamines occasionly but with the Merrick they do not seem to be necessary. We do not feed human food ever.

• Define "human food" Does that mean no veggies or fruit or anything like that too?
    I think of "human food" as prepared, processed foods.
    We do feed our dogs limited foods like that {peanut butter in any form excites them, as do cheez-its and vanilla wafers {thanks to my hubby's habit of snacking with the dogs} }, but they also like some veggies, eggs, etc.

• I finally found something Sandie will just not eat… she dislikes lettuce... i always let her taste what were having for dinner ... She ate the tomatoe but the lettuce she spit out ... She loves the broclie in broclie beef... Its almost to the point i am gonna have to get the large container now instead of the small one... Only thing i havent let her try is sweets... we really dont have much sweets... peanut butter i guess is a sweet and she does like that... along with apples and banana's

• Whipped cream straight from the can… all of mine line up for a "squirt"... it is too funny... at times they look like mad dogs frothing at the mouth....

• Our favorite used to be scrambled eggs, but now it's broccoli. She can't get enough of it!

• Joey's breeder suggested raw meat mixed with dry kibble and vegis. He loves carrots, but they have to be firm! We give him a raw egg yolk 2-3 times/wk. Flaxseed oil was suggested for his coat.

• He is feed once in the morning and gets treats later in the day

• We feed our dogs Royal Canin dog food, with a mix of Veggies and some meat (rabbit, beef, chicken,or venison) at times mixed in. We feed once a day in the evening with morning treats.

• Hmmm. Is there a reason for feeding in the pm vs am? What treats do you use?

• Just read the "how often thread"…guess it's what works as far as time and how often.

• @JoeyQ:

Hmmm. Is there a reason for feeding in the pm vs am? What treats do you use?

Not really its just is easier for us. We eat first, they watch and wait and then they eat in a very controled feeding, always oldest first. We don't feed them in their crates, they're scattered around the kitchen, always in their same spots. We supervise and as each one's finished we take them right out to one of two yards, older dogs in one yard and the younger dogs in another.:)

Treats…Wellness bars, Old Mother Hubbards

• Do they have websites, and ordering online? I am interested, Sahara, eats Purina Puppy Beneful with couple tablespoons of Pedigree Choice Cuts on top. She loves it, but I am always interested in what is the best to feed her.

• Curie and now finally Will both eat Evo. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to the raw diet, but life has been too busy the last year or so. Evo is a good backup for that, to me.

They eat twice a day, morning and dinner. There have been several times that I've tried once a day, but it doesn't seem to please the little beasts, so it's back to twice for the time being. 🙂

• Yes, it does take more time to feed them a raw diet. I recently gave Joey a lamb bone and he went nuts! I let him have it in his crate so he wouldn't drag the raw thing around the house. He was mad when he couldn't be "free" with it. I guess we can't always get what we want!!!

Suggested Topics