• I am so happy to hear that both Isis and Kizzie were adopted as were so many of the other Wimauma pups.
    Over a year ago, we brought in another b to our home as a playmate for our girl Kona (1.5 year-old). Keoki, male, was 7 at the time. At first he wanted nothing to do with her. It took them a couple months to be comfortable together and at that point he would "tolerate" her with mild annoyance. We had some trouble with growling and snarling, but like everyone says - positive reinforcement and lots of attention. It took a full year for Keoki to adjust to Kona and play with her. Now we can't keep them apart or slow them down!!

Sometimes it just takes time and it is so worth it once they bond!!!

Hang in there and congrats on your new addition!!

• Perhaps Isis is getting to much freedom. We are only letting Kizzie off leash in our fenced yard if we are right there to keep on eye on her and interact. Since these "B"s are very food motivated, I am using the tiny training bits as a reward. She gets a reward when she comes to me, etc. Otherwise for regular potty breaks I take her in my fenced yard- on leash. The twice a day walks are a great time to bond also, she knows when it is walk time and her and Pikachu patiently wait at the door for me to get them ready. I spend a lot of time with her just talking to her, brushing her and petting her. She has a blanket that she knows is hers. When we are watching tv she sits on her blanket at our feet. She will hang out on the couch or bed but only if we pick her up and put her there, she is not getting up by herself, yet. We also put her blanket on the bed so she has "her spot". I think the blanket (a nice soft fleece) is her "safety" zone, regardless of where I place it.
    Trish

• Isis has made wonderful progress. Honestly, I think she was just backed into a corner when she was snarling after the toy fight. She doesn't know how to back down.

We have been feeding them by hand one on the left and one on the right. We have not had a repeat of any snarling. I can take food away from her.

She and the boy sleep with our 7 year old daughter. We are going to go with the lead.

She had her first outing. She went on a walk in down town Jensen beach. We had lunch at a little Tiki bar, then went to a park on the Indian river and to the beach. No problems whatsoever.

Pam wants to take her back to work on the aggression, bur really it has stopped once we modified our behavior. She is a very sweet dog.

Her and our male have a blast in the back yard.

• Isis, good for you for working through the issues and seeing a nice outcome.
    Hugs.

• It is hard to beleive after all these dogs have gone through that they are so adaptable. SO glad to hear things are going well for you! Trish šŸ™‚

• I'm so pleased that Isis is feeling happier with evrything and that you have done so well with her. It's good to know that you are all caring so much for these basenjis from Wimauma.

• She is doing real well. We have had no more aggression. The two dogs seem to have bonded. I don't know how well Isis will bond with us.

• Sometimes new kids have to 'push their limits' to see how far they can go. Isis found out, not very far! Great job working with her to show her tie right way to act. You may see that behavior from time to time, but it will be the exception, not the rule..so to speak. Kudos to you for working through her issues!

Suggested Topics