Hello from Mountain View, California!

• Just registered for the forum after a friend suggested it. I am a relatively new owner (10 months) of a Basenji/Beagle mix named Indiana Jones (Indie for short). Best freakin dog ever. So yeah, hi everyone. Hope to find some useful info and maybe some new friends here.

A little bit about Indie…
    I adopted him from a woman an hour away from where I live. I had spent about a year looking for just the right guy to bring into the family, and although I had come close to adoption a few times, it just never seemed like a perfect fit. Then one day I found this guy... Love at first sight! lol... He was found in a parking lot outside a Safeway when he was around 6 weeks old. The kind woman who found him kept him for about 3 months and then got deployed (Military) so she gave him to a friend with the directions to find him the perfect home. She had him for about 6 months and screened dozens of applicants until we ended up connecting. Early on he had some serious problems with separation anxiety, but we have worked through that with few problems. The current issue is with aggression towards other male dogs. Around females he is fine, and he actually has a new little sister that he adores (A little datsun mix named Desi). But I'm sure we can get him over this as well. Thats one of the main reasons I joined the forum. Just looking for tips/advice on how to overcome the "Little" problem.
    attachment_t_9393_0_28811_1441791243843_1204936494_31246919_5746321_n.jpg

• Hey there!
    Such a small world! If we would not of met you would of never known of Basenji Forums. There are a ton of great people here who can offer expert first hand advice!
    We should get together and have a Basenji Play Date soon!

• I'm totally down Vanessa!

• The forum has arranged Play Dates in the past. I am sure we could even get a few more Basenji People to partake in a South Bay Basenji Play Date :p

• Wow. That would be REALLY cool. I think Basenjis are some of the most beautiful and interesting dogs in the world. Unfortunately it's all based off of my interactions with Indie. So I'd love to see others in action as well. And more than anything, I'd love to see how he reacts to others of his own breed. Well, half brothers anyway.

• First Basenji's

Welcome! What a cool mix. I'm impressed by the amount of care this his previous owners/fosters took in finding him a new, appropriate home. Sounds like their work and your diligence paid off.

• Great to have you on the forum, and I look forward to seeing more pics of Indie - we are picture nuts on the forum!

• Thank you for the warm welcome. I'll keep posting pics. lol, I know the feeling. If I could only catch half of the cute stuff he does. lol

Suggested Topics