• I thought i'd share these pics, mostly taken tonight, but some from the weekend too πŸ˜ƒ Theres loads, so get comfy!!

Charlie (the little fat brown one!) has got his very own sharer to terrorize πŸ˜ƒ She is the sweetest girl. I had advertised for a sharer at the beginning of the year to help with some of the costs as money was an issue then lol But i didnt find anyone suitable (had about 50 crazy people enquire…!!!!) so forgot about it, but obviously forgot to take the advert down. Had a random email out of the blue last week from this 16 year old girl. She has the bottom half of her right arm missing and has special reins to allow her to steer. I was rather cynical as to whether Charlie would adapt to these, but I have to say, he did me proud! Was PERFECT, looked after her so well when she came to try him. She had a grin on her face the whole time she was riding him and was giggling most of the time. She adores him!! So he will have a lovely young girl spoiling him rotten again :rolleyes:

And Una.. Well, she was very poorly about 2 months ago, had lost a lot of weight due to lack of grass at our livery yard. The horses have since moved to some fields and her weight is perfect now, she's a little too fat if anything!! But she looks SO much better, i was so worried about her...

Anyway, on with the pics!

She may be fat, but she can still touch her toes!!

I dont know why, cos its not that great, but i really like this pic:

Una looks awful in this, but Charles looks nice:

And these were from the weekend:

Una being ridden!! Excuse my ridiculous fatness πŸ˜ƒ

• Is Una a friesian? She looks like one. Charlie looks like a cleveland bay. Is he? I had a cleveland bay and she was a cool horse! My friend has a friesian mare and a clydesdale gelding that I helped her rescue. Big horses are awesome! More pics please! I like Charlie. You look fine on Una. Fatness happens as some of us get older! LOL! My basenji likes horses!

Maria

• First Basenji's

Nice "fat" horses remind me of Tang Dynasty Chinese paintings – that's art for you. πŸ˜‰

It is one of my life goals to learn how to ride a horse, and be able to ride fast, just for pleasure. At this rate, I might not get to start lessons until I'm about 40, but here's hoping!

• You should definately get lessons, there is nothing more relaxing than having a nice long hack on a lovely horse πŸ˜ƒ I always go out for a ride when im stressed πŸ™‚

Charlie is actually a connemara, he is only tiny!! πŸ˜ƒ He's 14.2, bless him. Una is indeed a freisian, she is a big girl. She's standing about 16.1-16.2 now and is built like a tank πŸ˜ƒ

• pictures can be so decieving! Both are lovely animals!

• I just love the pictures. There is nothing better to see (in real life) a horse just frolicking and running on their own. That is the way nature intended them to be.

If I had horses like these I would be riding them too. I agree that riding is so very relaxing and is a lovely way to bond with your horse. There is nothing quite like it. I would still be riding if it not be for a stern warning from my ortho doc, who was involved with me when I had a really bad fall.

Your property is very lovely. It must provide you with lots of peace and tranquility.

Suggested Topics