• But a young bird ๐Ÿ™‚

We are unloading sand at Deventer harbor, a very small harbor.
    We were drinking coffee and we heard lots of screaming, from a bird.

Kas went looking outside the door of the wheelhouse and immediately called me!

A little birdy sat next to the door???
    I picked it up, it didn't fly and I looked for injuries.. nothing..
    How on earth ended it up at our ship?

We saw a few men outside at land next to a tree, one of them picked a semilar birdy outside the big open box that was standing outside.
    huh?!?!

Kas called them and they explained: Mommy and daddy bird gave there offspring flying lessons!
    One of the birds ended up at the other side of the harbor (with us) and one of them ended up with the garbage ๐Ÿ˜•

We didn't have much time but enough time to sail the backside of the ship to the side were the tree of the birdy was. (and his family)
    One of the men climbed trough the plants and I got little space to give the birdy to him..
    He took care of the little one and put him (or her, I think it's a him because he was so naughty :D) back with his family ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I told the birdy he should be carefull and learn how to fly very fast so he can visit usโ€ฆ Birdy was looking at me very comfortable almost if he wanted to say "I will" ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• What a nice heartwarming story! Made me smile! Cute bird too!

• Thanks! Very cute:) , I don't like to pick up little birds but this one couln't fly home by himselfe ๐Ÿ˜ž
    He was so soft and relaxed, a bit shaky in the beginning but after some minutes he moved fron one finger to another ๐Ÿ™‚

• what a beautiful little bird

• What a great story to start the day!

• Houston

Kim, what a heartwarming little story. Adorable bird..

A few years ago we had a whole "pack", "dwaddle" or whatever you call a momma, daddy and 11 freshly hatched wood ducks, waddle through our yard, but first 6-8 of the babies got caught between our fence and the house wall so we were trying desperatley to help them out, all while the daddy and momma duck were going bonkers trying to get to us, as if we were actually hurting their lil' ones..After a while the adult birds realized, I guess, that we were harmless and calmed down, so we could continue on our escapades to "rescue" the stuck babies.
    These ducklings were so tiny, I could fit 3-5 of them in my palm, absolutely adorable, yet ugly at the same time..and they are weird, because the have tiny claws as toes, so they can climp trees, thus wood ducks.
    Every year the momma and daddy come back and lay eggs in a wooden box, somebody put up about ten yrs ago, once the babies hatch they all swim in our neighbors pool for a day or two and then wonder off down the street with their babies in tow..until next yr, when it all starts over again..quite a cool treat to see them so upclose.

• @Basenjimamma:

Kim, what a heartwarming little story. Adorable bird..

A few years ago we had a whole "pack", "dwaddle" or whatever you call a momma, daddy and 11 freshly hatched wood ducks, waddle through our yard, but first 6-8 of the babies got caught between our fence and the house wall so we were trying desperatley to help them out, all while the daddy and momma duck were going bonkers trying to get to us, as if we were actually hurting their lil' ones..After a while the adult birds realized, I guess, that we were harmless and calmed down, so we could continue on our escapades to "rescue" the stuck babies.
    These ducklings were so tiny, I could fit 3-5 of them in my palm, absolutely adorable, yet ugly at the same time..and they are weird, because the have tiny claws as toes, so they can climp trees, thus wood ducks.
    Every year the momma and daddy come back and lay eggs in a wooden box, somebody put up about ten yrs ago, once the babies hatch they all swim in our neighbors pool for a day or two and then wonder off down the street with their babies in tow..until next yr, when it all starts over again..quite a cool treat to see them so upclose.

Wow, also a very great story to read!!!
    I love baby ducklingsโ€ฆ always swimming so fast after their mommy ๐Ÿ™‚
    I think al wild animals can feel it as they calm down when you trying to save them

• Two wonderful stories, thanks for sharing them. It is always great to read something here to start off the day on a nice note. As for animals, I really believe they can sense when humans are trying to help them.

• Beautiful babyโ€ฆ.glad he got back home where he belongs.

Heroes, Kim n Kas!!

Suggested Topics