• Hi! I'd like to introduce myself! I'm Kate, and my husband and I adopted a dog this spring, from a rescue, that I have come to totally believe had a Basenji Daddy! Her mother was Catahoula, but as time has gone by, we have noticed a lot of unusual activities with Callie; the sounds she makes, a lot of what I would call yodeling, like she is talking to us, and the fact that if she doesn't get enough exercise, she gets into things! πŸ™‚ We have crate trained her, thank goodness, and she is good about it, but don't lay anything on top of it, like a sweater, or she has this amazing strength, and will tug it through the little holes, and rip it to shreds! She leaves them alone, when out of the crate, so even though it is exasperating, it is also funny! She had these unusual ears, that we just couldn't figure out where they came from, until they day I saw some Basenji pictures on the internet! It was like looking at Callie! Please tell me what you all think! Thanks! πŸ™‚

• Okay, dopey me…I didn't read this one first! Sure sounds like a basenji to me! You must be having the time of your life with that mix!!
    Welcome (again)!

• lol, yes, we really are! πŸ™‚ She is right now, standing on my husbands computer chair, as he sorts through folders on the floor, and is "helping" πŸ™‚
    You can't help but laugh at her antics! Oh,,,,,,,, the stuff she does, is hilarious! Like for instance, my son hates squeaky toys, so I bought her this rather loud one, and she walks behind him, holding it against his leg as he walks, squeaking it over and over and over,,,,,,, πŸ™‚

• Welcome Kate!!! And basenji mix or not she's a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

• @jys1011:

Welcome Kate!!! And basenji mix or not she's a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

Ditto!!!! I love her look!

• hey!! hmm, i dont see any pics of you baby, but id love to!!

• The picture WAS here, the other day; I can't see it anymore either! I'll try again! πŸ™‚

attachment_p_8005_0_p1010015-small.jpg

• awesome, i but shes beautiful

• She is beautiful. I can see the basenji in her. Looks like shes smiling for the camera.

• She is such a pretty girl!

• Thanks, everybody! πŸ™‚

• What a cute dog! She looks like she knows it, too. She's all "look at me!":p πŸ˜ƒ

Suggested Topics