• Anyone in southern ontario who has a basenji I could meet?
    Ive applied for a b from BRAT (none specifically just in general) but the coordinator I talked to wants me to meet some basenji's before they will agree to adopt to me (im looking at the florida b's specifically).
    I was hoping there would be some at the local Kennel club show but there are not going to be any there 😞 I know that the BCOC specialty is the beginning of july but i would like to meet some before then.

• There is also the Erie Shores show in Caledonia on the June 4th weekend. The most entered will be on the Sunday. Other than that, I live in Welland and you are welcome to meet my 5 basenjis and the Boxenji and the heeler x. I work three jobs during the week, but I'm usually available Sat afternoon or Sunday's. Let me know if you would like more info on anything.

• aww thanks! I live in kitchener and dont have a car atm but if i can figure something out i totally will get in touch with you! I have to work that weekend, I sooo want to go to that show!
    Thanks so much!

• If you can't manage this weekend, let me know and I will try to hook you up with someone in London. I know there are two people there that have B's, but it really is better if you can meet a bunch of them at once and then you will at least meet a bunch of us and can pick a breeder based on personal meetings. There will be at least 7 breeders from Southern Ontario there, if not more.

• Wow! I didnt know there were 7 breeders in Ontario lol
    Im actually not looking to find a breeder really, BRAT is requiring me to meet a bunch of basenji's before they will adopt to me.
    Thanks again!

• I didn't mean exactly that you had to meet all the breeders for a puppy. LOL I meant that meeting that many breeders and dogs, you will find different temperments, different looks, different personalities, etc. That's all. I am in no way trying to persuade you away from the rescue B's. As I said, just let me know if you need to visit or perhaps I can help you arrange a visit if you can't make it to the show.

• oh I didnt mean to imply that sorry! I just thought maybe you missed what i said but i understand now…
    I actually saw someone walking a B today and i almost had a heart attack.. I couldnt stop because i was going to miss my bus! I am going to try and track this person down lol

• I'm in Windsor if you are ever out this way.

Suggested Topics