• Had been swithering for a while about having Roxy DNA tested and just at around that time I saw that a Scottish tea time television programme was looking for three crossbreed dogs to DNA test. Thought it would be a good opportunity seeing as I was thinking about getting it done anyway.

I put Roxy forward and she was chosen. We did the swab tests and sent them away just over a week ago. They were going to be fast-tracked.

Got a phonecall tonight to tell that the results would in by Friday at the latest.
    Roxy and I will be going on to the live show on Monday for the results. :eek:

We did some filming on Thursday past in the hope they would be able to get some footage of some of her behaviours. They did. They got her playing with her ball, meeting other dogs, doing some tricks, walking on a lead and…...barking. :eek: The poor cameraman's ears! I should've gave him a couple of paracetamols beforehand! 😃

Anyway, I'm a bit sceptical about this test, but seeing as I wasn't wasting any money on it, I thought it was a good idea! I admit that I am nervous though. I don't know why as I'll love her just as much as I do now, it won't change anything!

So, on Monday, we shall hopefully learn what breeds are in Roxy!

• Do let us know the results!!

• Ooooh, how exciting!! Will this be coming to English television or is it just Scotland?

• @Maya:

Ooooh, how exciting!! Will this be coming to English television or is it just Scotland?

Just Scotland Jess, but you should be able to get in online after the show has been aired. 😉

Here is the programme:

http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/

If Basenji isn't included in her breeding then I don't know! :rolleyes:

• @Patty:

Do let us know the results!!

I will do…...:)

• Do let us know if we can see the video on the net…
    Its going to be so interesting for you to see what this test shows.

• Nicola - Have you had Roxy's DNA results yet?

I love the pictures of her on Facebook at the Scotland meet up - she certainly has the Basenjis play bow to a T!

• @Patty:

Nicola - Have you had Roxy's DNA results yet?

I love the pictures of her on Facebook at the Scotland meet up - she certainly has the Basenjis play bow to a T!

Nicola has posted on FB. Vicky will be able to update you with the results if Nicola doesn't get back. It wasn't very convincing results for any of the dogs that were tested, the general conclusion was don't waste your money.

• @Patty:

Nicola - Have you had Roxy's DNA results yet?

Hi Patty,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

According to the results but Wisdom Panel Insights, Roxy is…..

Significant Russell Terrier (presumably Parsons?) x Australian Shepherd x minimal German Shepherd (but not enough to account for Roxy as an individual dog). 😕

Somehow, I think not! I really don't believe Roxy has any sort of significan terrier in her. She really isn't bright enough to be a terrier! 😉

The guy from the company said the test is 'about' 90% accurate although he wasn't sure exactly. What is the point then? 😕 I'm really glad I didn't waste my money on it!

When I question him more on the fact that I still really think she is a Basenji cross, he then got his laptop out and pulled up some charts to show me that Basenji was in her, but again, not enough to show in her. Even less than the GSD. Hmmmm! Vicki suggested that maybe he just made that up to pacify me a bit? Who knows!

Roxy is what she always has been to me! 😃

I now think this test is a money making scam, to be honest. I haven't heard many good reports about it at all!

• @moetmum:

Nicola has posted on FB. Vicky will be able to update you with the results if Nicola doesn't get back. It wasn't very convincing results for any of the dogs that were tested, the general conclusion was don't waste your money.

Yes, like you say, Gerry, the other results were a bit ridiculous and it isn't worth spending any money on!

• Didn't all 3 Dogs have some Australian Shepherd in them Nicola?
    If so he must have been busy 😃

• It sounds like a money making scan. At least now you can choose what dogs you want in her inheritance!!! Any how she is still the same beautiful Roxy who gives you so much enjoyment and love.

• I kind of think this YouTube video pretty much sums up the accuracy of these tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a4CDvK868w

• @lvoss:

I kind of think this YouTube video pretty much sums up the accuracy of these tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a4CDvK868w

Upon watching this video complete, my thoughts were; "That's hilarious!" Though I've contemplated getting my kids DNA'd, I really don't care - because they're mine for life. Assistance received here or there for training, nutrition, health or safety - "Thank you!" 🙂

• Ooops - But I do think it would be fun to get the results. Thanks Nicola for doing this thread - It's quite interesting.

Suggested Topics