• @tanza:

LOL, considering I don't do much show training till we get in the ring… you all are going to have to wait a while...gggg

It doesn't have to be an official 'show training' stack….. 😉 :p

• @Janneke:

It doesn't have to be an official 'show training' stack….. 😉 :p

That means I have to drag out the table, find a show chain, mess with them on the table… and on top of that find someone to take the pictures.. :eek:

Maybe on Sunday when we have a puppy play day at the house. But no promises....

• I think what Janneke meant was that it doesn't have to be a formal stack. Just a casual where you caught them self stacking in the yard like the pic of Chief.

• Houston

I love'em all..ohh, I want a puppy too…They are all growing up so nicely..thanks for sharing your little ones and for letting the puppy bug bite me once again..

• @tanza:

That means I have to drag out the table, find a show chain, mess with them on the table… and on top of that find someone to take the pictures.. :eek:

Maybe on Sunday when we have a puppy play day at the house. But no promises....

😃 I meant what Lisa said, but if you don't mind dragging out the table and you can find a show chain and someone to take a pic… That would be wonderful for us 'puppy fans' 😃

• He is really nice looking!!!! I never let anyone touch his tail.. somehow I felt that it might "damage" the curl!!!

• What is Holister????

• Touching the tail will not damage the curl but if your dog is not used to have it touched, it can be painful because they may tense their tail rather than relax it when someone touches it. This is why I always make messing with their tails part of their handling and encourage my puppy people to do the same.

• Allright, cool Ill do that…

• Hollister is where this weekend's ASFA lure trial was. If you check out this link you can see the little gathering of basenjis in the background of the whippets at the start line.

http://www.jbagbyphotos.com/Lure-Coursing/Lure-Trial-Hollister-May-8/12111982_QTJ4r#862026545_AQnLs-XL-LB

• Thanks.. I wish we had activities like that here. .. BUt we only have shows.. I need to find out more about them…

• @dmey:

He is really nice looking!!!! I never let anyone touch his tail.. somehow I felt that it might "damage" the curl!!!

@lvoss:

Touching the tail will not damage the curl but if your dog is not used to have it touched, it can be painful because they may tense their tail rather than relax it when someone touches it. This is why I always make messing with their tails part of their handling and encourage my puppy people to do the same.

Yes it is always good to 'play' with their tail. I always play with my boys tail, uncurl it,
    stick my finger in the curl and tell him "where's your bun,"
    lightly grad it and tell him "got your curl,"
    uncurl it and hold it so he can grab it and then he chases his tail,
    and other things like that

• I always, always, always touch my dogs all over including putting my hand in their mouths. I've had to take some nasty things out of their mouths (like dead birds) and I don't want them to think anything other than being touched all over is normal. When they get on the stand to show, I want them comfortable being touched.

• Yeah I do that to, make sure he likes to be touched. I just thought for some reason, I guess I had read that it is a muscle that keeps it curled and I dont know why I thought uncurling it would loosen the curl and then maybe they wouldnt be able to curl it tight.. Its ridiculous now that I think about it but…..

• This is a lovely thread, it's great to see how all the Puppies are growing up.
    I will post a pic of Malaika when i have got a good recent one. She's so quick that i keep being left with a blank picture or her bottom 😃

• Some of you may remember my "Rain" litter born November 23, 2009.

This is Tug, formerly know as Puppy 1. Tug is available to a pet home.

Pictured at 9 weeks

Pictured at 5 1/2 months

• This is Rainie, formerly known as Puppy 5. Rainie was my pick earlier on but I'm not so sure now. He is a BIG boy who is at least 17 inches tall and 24 pounds already. :eek:

Pictured at 9 weeks

Pictured at 5 1/2 months

Pictured gaiting at 5 1/2 months

• This is Spot, formerly known as Puppy 2.

Pictured at 8 weeks

Pictured at 5 1/2 months

Pictured gaiting at 5 1/5 months

• I actually got a little concerned recently when we brought Paco to visit his brother and sister and found that they were significantly bigger than him. We found out that they were just fat due to lack of exercise and being overfed, but I couldn't shake the feeling afterward that Paco could be bigger. He's 5 1/2 months, about 15" at the shoulder, and Chris weighed him at 16 lbs, but that was on the Wii Fit, so not sure how reliable that is. 😛

Anywho, here he is!

• Houston

great pictures all..I love this thread.

Suggested Topics