UK Members - Beautiful Basenji Pup

• @Patty:

The advertiser is a member of this forum who seems quite a genuine person.

Unfortunately, the breeder (the link above) placed two puppies with her - I consider this was totally irrreponsible and taking advantage of a not very knowledgeable but kind person. I'll contact somebody who helped the breeder in the past and see if I can find out more.

If Katty reads this, perhaps she would like to get in touch with Basenji Rescue they may have a home for this puppy - in any case they would take over the responsibility.

Ahh, i know who the owner is now. I remember the discussions about many peoples concerns of her taking on littermates.. Lets hope that was not the reason for this little one being rehomed.

• From the ad that was posted, it is not the littermate that is the issue it is the basenji female she had gotten the year before that is having an issue having a second basenji female in the house. This is a frequent issue in basenjis and one reason why so many people on this list caution against same sex placements especially with inexperienced owners.

• @lvoss:

From the ad that was posted, it is not the littermate that is the issue it is the basenji female she had gotten the year before that is having an issue having a second basenji female in the house. This is a frequent issue in basenjis and one reason why so many people on this list caution against same sex placements especially with inexperienced owners.

Exactly… and you need to be careful when you bring a puppy into a house that has an adult... regardless of age... but the older they are, sometimes the harder it is to introduce them... and many are not made totally aware of the adult and the "training" that they will do with the puppy ... Many take this as they will never get along... not always the case... and you can never totally prepare anyone for the noises that can come from the adult to a baby puppy....

• aww adorable! wish i was in the UK, hope the pup finds a home she can settle into.

• that really is so sad - 11 weeks old and already looking for a new home. the breeder should be ashamed of themselves for (a) placing 2 pups in the same home on a "spur of the moment" purchase and (b) for presumably not following up the placement and taking the wee girl back. Lets hope she finds a good home soon.

• Do we know yet whether the breeder will take the puppy back?

I totally agree with Ivoss and Tanza and this a two puppy placement not just one!!

• oh man thats just up the road from me i wish i had a spare 400…. i would love to take her on such ashame

does anyone know whats happened to this lil pup????

Suggested Topics