• Here's a photo of Juan who went missing a year ago. And the original post from Terry.

This one is close to my heart.

Our daughter's Basenji, Juan, dug out of the yard of their new home in Shenandoah, TX, (nw of Houston, right next to The Woodlands) on Monday, 4/8. He has never been a roamer or a digger, so it came as a surprise. He has not come home or even been sighted. The kids have checked local animal control, driven around calling him, notified local vets and the whole neighborhood. Their 3 year old just keeps saying, "I want Juanie to come home!"

Juan is 8 1/2 years old, neutered red and white. He is microchipped. He was from our first home-bred litter and went to live with our daughter's mother-in-law several years ago when she was fighting cancer. Since she passed away 3 years ago, he has lived with our daughter (she loved him so much she refused to send him back to us!).

Hoping someone can help find him…

Terry
    Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

• Thanks so much, Dan, for posting this for me!
    Even though it's been a year now since Juan went missing, we still haven't given up all hope. Because Juan lived here in our house with the kids when they were waiting for their house to be finished, we keep thinking maybe he was trying to come here. We are still hoping that someone found him and kept him. Since we moved in here in October, we've kept an eye on Craigslist and the local shelter, just in case.

Thanks again! Someday maybe I'll get the hang of posting pics.
    Terry

• @Terry:

Thanks so much, Dan, for posting this for me!
    Even though it's been a year now since Juan went missing, we still haven't given up all hope. Because Juan lived here in our house with the kids when they were waiting for their house to be finished, we keep thinking maybe he was trying to come here. We are still hoping that someone found him and kept him. Since we moved in here in October, we've kept an eye on Craigslist and the local shelter, just in case.

Thanks again! Someday maybe I'll get the hang of posting pics.
    Terry

You're welcome Terry. He's a really handsome guy! Did you say he was chipped? Have you taken his picture and posted it at the vets around there?

• Terry, have you also kept your eye on Petfinder.com? Last I checked, there were about 10 pages of basenji/basenji mixes, and it would be time consuming to look at all the pictures, but …. maybe...?

• Houston

Terry,

He is so gorgeous..I am so sorry to hear that he is not home yet.

Suggested Topics