Hopefully Babies for Langarni Basenjis.

• Houston

Awesome. they are finally here ,and it sounds like they are doing wonderful..good job Ochre and humans too..now we want pictures..please?

• Wonderful! Congratulations!!! 😃
    Finally…. And everbody happy and healthy - perfect :o 🙂

• Thank you everyone for the congrats… Im soooo glad that is all over, I can tell you 🙂

Ochre has settled into motherhood so well, and all the bubbies are doing very well.

I hope to have some pics here in the next day or so, but at the moment all we have had time to do, is some at our website www.langarni-rajacadoo.com on the litters page… Should be up soon, I hope 🙂

• Congrats!!!!!

She did great!!! (and you too 😃 )

• Houston

Jennie, they look lovely..I just saw your pictures online..congrats again…oh, how I wish I was closer, much closer...

• Oh goodness - are those ever adorable pups! I just love those little pink noses. Well done, Ochre. You deserve lots of praise for producing such beautiful puppies.

• Aaaah sooo cute! Can you send one to the Netherlands? 😉

• Oh they are so cute! Good job, Ochre. She and the puppies all look so strong and healthy - wonderful news.

• First Basenji's

So cool. I didn't realize the babies started out so dark (relative to the red of the mother) – at least that's how it appears in the pictures, which are a pleasure to see. And those adorable little twizzlestick tails!

Congratulations!

• Just been to look at the babies - gorgeous and mum must be so pleased with herself. Puppies always make me feel broody - and sorry that we won't be having any more. I now have to take joy in viewing other peoples'!

I noticed too that in the preamble you said that the scan showed 2 to 3 puppies!! Well done Ochre for doublinfg that! Typical of a Basenji!!!!

• Thanks everyone for the lovely comments… Just starting to feel hooman again, just ;).

Ochre is doing very well indeed, and Im sooooo very proud of her. She has settled into motherhood like a real pro...

Bubbies are all gaining great amounts of weight, feeding well, and are just such time wasters :D. Got a friend coming down tomorrow to do the dew claws, something Im NOT looking forward to, although she reassures me the pups will probably cope a lot better than the humans will :).

Will try to get some individual pics of them, either tomorrow or the following day :)...

• Houston

Wonderful update..can't wait for pictures..you know we are picture hogs..:)

Good luck on the dew claw removal, does not sound like fun times..

• Well my gorgeous little bubbies are 6 days old today, I cant believe just how quickly that time has gone :eek:…

They are doing soooooooooooooo well, feeding well, too. In fact they have all doubled their birth weight at either day 5 or 6 :eek:... Im blown away by that... Is that normal ??? Im used to the ACD's doubling by about day 10, if they did it this early, I would be concerned !!!

I have pics of them at 4 days, on my website www.langarni-rajacadoo.com if you want to have a look at them :D:D:D

• I want….. And I did....

And I want another Basenji... 😃

• Houston

they are adorable, Jennie..so cute..

• Could be a tad biased, but I agree, they are soooooooooooooooo cute, such timewasters 😃

• Yes, they usually double their birth weight in about a week.

• Congratulations, the puppies are beautiful

• Just a quick update, to say that the pups are 11 days old now, and they continue to do really well :)… I did not enjoy being a part of taking the dew claws off, but I was interested to see just how quickly they all settled down after it was done...

So proud of Ochre, she is doing a great job feeding them and cleaning them. She is having a bit of time out of the whelping box, and yesterday she was re-intrduced to Saba, (who I might add, was VERY pleased to have her company again :)), and she enjoyed the company as well. They even did a housebound B500 ;)... Too cute...

Day 7 pics of them are up on our website :)...

• 11 days later but many congrats to pups :D!!!
    Enjoy these first weeks until they grow to little devils :D.

Suggested Topics