• It's time to say goodbye to 'our' sweet Lycia. Her mom Lauren arrived in the Netherlands this afternoon and will pick her up tomorrow morning.. Big 'yay!' for Lauren of course and we are very excited for her to get her baby back.. but it's also a big 'sigh..' for us..

Lycia is the most perfect pup we've ever met.. She's kind to everyone and is just happy, happy, happy. While Tillo needs at least 30 minutes to get out of bed in the morning, Lycia jumps up as soon as we get out of bed and just follows us everywhere. The last two months she even figured out that it's a good idea to get into the bed when the humans are fast asleep, so also at night she's as close to us as she can be.

This evening we took both pups to the fenced dog park and they had a great time. Us humans too.. we very much enjoyed to see their last full out run together.

Bye sweet Lycia! Thank you for your cuteness and good company for us and Tillo! We'll miss you!

• Last pic of us together! (without BF.. he was the guy behind the camera ;))

• Lovely photos, its hard to let them go isn't it!

• LOVE the photos, Janneke. What a lovely dog you are passing on to a new home. Well done.

• Love the pics! Especially the one with the elephant and the two of them with the trophy, on the wooden bench, on the snow, and the back shots!

Hope Lycia's mom Lauren will be posting pics! 😃

• I know Lauren is thrilled, she was so lucky you were able to keep Lycia for her all these months. Lycia was really the lucky one!

• Houston

Janneke, what a wonderful tribute to your time with Lycia…she has had a wonderful time with Tillo and both of you. I know Lauren will be so happy to have her little girl back.

• She's on her way to Scotland..! Good luck Lycia!

I'm also hoping for a lot of pics.. Lauren.. 😉 :p

• Perfect. Now I'm sitting in front of my PC - crying a little bit :p 😞

I was on your website 2 days ago, searching for information when Lycia will leave you…

Wonderful pics!
    And I think a wonderful time for all of you!!!

How is Tillo? Did he realize, that something's "wrong", yet?

Hugs to you :o

• Janneke, it must be so hard for you and Tillo to say Goodbye to Lycia. You did a wonderful thing taking her on for all those months. Tillo is bound to miss his playmate loads and I know all of us here will miss your photos of the two of them together.

I am looking forward to having Lycia in Scotland. Who knows, maybe you'll get some photos of Lycia and my Bs running around having fun! 😃

Hugs to you and Tillo. x

• Aww I feel for you Janneke:( but at the same time pleased for Lauren to have her baby back. It was such a kind thing for you to do for Lauren and Lycia:D
    At least Lycia will have her half sister Belle here in Scotland and not too far away for us to meet up:D

• Yeah, it's good to know there are a lot of B's in Scotland waiting for Lycia to arrive! 😃
    She'll have a blast playing with them! And yes, I would love to see pics of that 😃

@Elysium: You aren't the only one who had to cry a bit 😉 haha.. Tillo is doing ok. He sat really close to me for a while and when we left for dog training he went right at the place where Lycia got in the car and just sat there. 😞 At the end of the training BF came to walk us home, and normally Lycia would be there too, so Tillo was looking out for her.. I had some nice treats, so he was fine with that 😉 He's now chewing on a big raw hide.. Looking all happy with himself :rolleyes:

• Janneke, I just checked out your website and I love the photographers pictures and the pictures taken at the LC in Leek in 2009. There is a picture their of Tillo luring and he is literally FLYING. Maximum extension with no feet on the ground. Lovely picture and a really nice website!

• how bittersweet, but what a kindness you've done.

• @Kipawa:

Janneke, I just checked out your website and I love the photographers pictures and the pictures taken at the LC in Leek in 2009. There is a picture their of Tillo luring and he is literally FLYING. Maximum extension with no feet on the ground. Lovely picture and a really nice website!

Thank you 🙂 Next week we have our first lure course training of 2010, so hopefully more flying pics then 😃

• Why do you have to make me cry?!?!

You've done a great job with her Janneke…
    I't veryhard to give up your "log?" 😉

• I am sure all of you will miss that pretty little brindle girl… and Janneke, you are a home that any breeder would be proud that place a Basenji with......

• @tanza:

I am sure all of you will miss that pretty little brindle girl… and Janneke, you are a home that any breeder would be proud that place a Basenji with......

Thank you Pat, that's very nice to hear 🙂

• Janneke, you make me cry…..goodbye to pretty Lycia and I hope you will get over it soon...maybe with new baby-B....:)

• Yes i must admit your post brought a lump to my throat.
    I love all the pics of Lycia's time with you.

Suggested Topics