HELP! 8 AKC Basenji Pups in Young County Shelter

• Thanks to all who are stepping up to help these pups! I hope BRAT can take them all and find foster homes.

If this is the guy I am thinking about, he has been in Bs for a long time and has even shown some of his dogs. He is a BYB and does not breed for the petstores. I remember a few years ago on his website there was a picture of a whole lot of tri pups in an x-pen. I hope this person does get out of the business as some of his Bs wind up at commercial breeders and other BYBs and used as breeding dogs. I was told in the past that he has dumped Bs at the shelter before.

There are people in TX who are familiar with him and would know what health issues are in his line.

These pups were for sale earlier in the year for $200 each!

• @dcmclcm4:

Thanks to all who are stepping up to help these pups! I hope BRAT can take them all and find foster homes.

If this is the guy I am thinking about, he has been in Bs for a long time and has even shown some of his dogs. He is a BYB and does not breed for the petstores. I remember a few years ago on his website there was a picture of a whole lot of tri pups in an x-pen. I hope this person does get out of the business as some of his Bs wind up at commercial breeders and other BYBs and used as breeding dogs. I was told in the past that he has dumped Bs at the shelter before.

There are people in TX who are familiar with him and would know what health issues are in his line.

These pups were for sale earlier in the year for $200 each!

This is not the person you are thinking about (I know who you ARE thinking about) but it is the same city. Also, the Sire and Dam of this litter both come from the breeder you refer to. From what I gather, he sold these two to this BYB as a breeding pair. I guess when they couldn't sell the pups they gave up on the BYB business.

I rescued a pup from this BYB last year that was headed to the shelter. She turned out to be a very sweet girl, DNA Fanconi negative with a wonderful disposition. I hope that thest pups turn out just as well.
    attachment_p_109027_0_bella-watching-tv-800x600.jpg

• Thank you all for what your doing to help these basenjis.
    Shame on that byb..shame!

• All those pups are really cute, hopefully they can find homes quickly. Kudos to Craigh and BRAT for caring for these darlings.

• Folks,

First of all thanks everyone for providing assistance to BRAT in this rescue effort. Our forum community has always been known to come together when it comes to saving our four legged friends.

To protect our forum members and ourselves we encourage everyone to please send us a private message to rescue@basenjiforums.com before posting any future donation solicitation, fundraiser ideas or any Basenji Forums community related commercial activity involving money collection. Sharron Hurlbut from BRAT is on this alias and will be reviewing and approving all future rescue fundraisers.

Fundraising introduces unnecessary complexity and liability for Basenji Forums Staff, so we are very strict and sensitive about this subject. Too many people get scammed into donating for various non existing causes and money gets stolen on the internet all the time. Luckily our forum community has been very careful thus far.

Please email any future rescue fundraiser proposals to rescue@basenjiforums.com before posting them publicly on the forum.

Here is a link to our forum rules and guidelines:

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=374

• Sorry, Mr. Alex. I'm the one who started it by asking whether I could donate.:o

• Alex, is there no leeway for a non profit group like BRAT to ask for funds, as opposed to a person asking for $$?
    Not trying to be argumenative, just asking.

• AJs Human's

No need to apologize. We are just trying to make sure everyone is safe using our forum community.

Sharron,

Please email admin@basenjiforums.com to discuss.

Thank you,

• Houston

I am so glad these pups are getting a good solid chance at life. Keep us posted would you Melissa(ps, Petra here with Riley)?

• This may be a stupid question, but is there a way that someone like me in California can adopt one of these pups?

• @conan1911:

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way that someone like me in California can adopt one of these pups?

Contact BRAT. www.basenjirescue.org

• Its not a stupid question. I understand at least one of these pups is headed for Ca.
    You need to go to the BRAT site www.basenjirescue.org
    and sign up for them, and understand that transport costs will be up to you.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Its not a stupid question. I understand at least one of these pups is headed for Ca.

That's great Sharron!!!! I'd sure like to see the all these pups wind up in loving homes. If they are half as good as the one we wound up with last year there will be some very happy Basenji owners in the near future.

PLEASE keep me posted on the disposition of this litter.

• Craigh, I am in Wa state. The BRAT gal in Tx is fostering and looking for good homes.
    Please, anyone who wants to be considered for any puppy/basenji needs to have a current BRAT ap and that is where the process starts.
    We need good homes, we so much need foster homes, and so, if you can help at all, please go and sign up. Hugs to all who have.

• The happy ending just got a little happier: I was just notified that the BYB will be turning the parents over to the Animal Control officer tomorrow morning. When I saw the parent dogs last year, they appeard to be socialized and exhibit good behavior. Unless something has changed they should make good candidates for adoption as well.

Mark one BYB out of business. 🙂

• Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    getting this pair fixed and into a pet home will be heaven on earth to them.
    Do keep us informed if you hear more..
    THAT made my evening!!!

• Houston

Awesome news. One down more to go…

• I am sorry, I posted these pups were $200. That isn't correct. They are the regular BRAT sliding scale fee.
    I misread a post, and its totally my fault.
    Sorry, for the confusion.

• Melissa picked up all 8 pups, Mom & Dad today and they are on their way to foster homes. Thanks to everyone at BRAT who came together to give these dogs the future they deserve. Mom & Dad were spayed/neutered today before the pickup, so their days as puppy-mill parents are finally over.
    attachment_p_109277_0_8-pups-with-parents.jpg
    attachment_p_109277_1_loaded-1.jpg
    attachment_p_109277_2_loaded2.jpg

• Melissa, YOU DID GOOD! Thank you so much for all your work on this.

Suggested Topics