• Hello All!!

I wanted to poke my head in and say hi. Been away from the forums, because it's a bit hard being around with out a B. 😢 However, in less than 3 weeks time Lycia will be coming home to Edinburgh and I'm beyond thrilled. Her step mum Janneke has been absolutely amazing and I know it's going to be a difficult transition for all of us. That being said, I would absolutely love to finally meet up with some Scottish Basenji ppl - and perhaps even the English ones too as we will be in Norwich in July!

Anyway just wanted throw that out there. Best to you all!!
    -Lauren

• Why don't you come to the Basenji talk on 11th April? Details are on the forum somewhere. It's not far from Edinburgh and there will be loads of Scottish B folk there (and some Bs too) 🙂

• Welcome back Lauren:D

I bet you can't wait to have Lycia back, though I'm sure Janneke & Tillo will really miss her:(

You could come along to the Scottish Kennel Club show in May at Ingliston on the 23rd of May as it is right on your doorstep:D

• Welcome back Lauren. Your lovely little girl will be so happy to see you again. Don't forget to post pics of your reunion.

Dawn

• Ahhhhh!! So unlucky on both dates!! I'm leaving for the continent on the 11th and I have a field biology course on the 23rd of May. What a bummer!!! I will make it to something to be sure.

• And some pics of Edinburgh would be nice. it's such a beautiful place!

• @Schouiffy:

Ahhhhh!! So unlucky on both dates!! I'm leaving for the continent on the 11th and I have a field biology course on the 23rd of May. What a bummer!!! I will make it to something to be sure.

That's a shame though I'm sure we will see you somewhere at some point:D

• Great to hear that your getting reunited with Lycia soon - hope you have got her some coats to cope with the Scottish "summer" - yesterday in Biggar we had about 7" of snow!

• Yes, she definitely has a "closet".. It's one of the reasons I have to go back - to get all her doggie things in Switzerland and Paris. 😃 The things we do!

Edinburgh was absolutely angry the past few days!! Fortunately the property has a large backyard with tree coverage for those days that are wet.

I will certainly be taking photographs in Edinburgh with Lycia, they should provide quite the dramatic backdrop.

• Houston

Lauren, how exciting. I bet you can't wait. We missed you on here, but I understand why you have been laying low..
    Good luck on the pick up and take lots of pictures.

• Leaving in a matter of hours to start my journey to Europe, and Amsterdam to see Lycia!!! So excited I could just burst. :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @Schouiffy:

Leaving in a matter of hours to start my journey to Europe, and Amsterdam to see Lycia!!! So excited I could just burst. :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you are excited…been a long time, she will be thrilled to see her Mom....

• Thanks Pat.

Though I am keeping a realistic outlook on this.I know I'll be taking her away from her pack which she is really bonded to. I don't expect her to be accepting me with great enthusiasm at first. Still, I'll be ecstatic for the both of us.

• Aww Lauren I'm sure she will greet you with great excitement, Basenji's never forget!!
    Have a safe trip:D

• Goodness me! We are already back !

Lycia and I are ready for B meet ups as soon as possible! 🙂 Since uni is practically out, our schedule is quite flexible and we would love to get to know you all!

• Great news Lauren - good to have another Basenji in Scotland!

Scott

• Oh Lauren, how wonderful you will finally be reunited with Lycia. I am sure all will go fine.

• We will all need to try and organise something for sure:D

I am free most weekends:D

• oh yes! How do ppl feel about the weekend of the 1st or the 8th ?

Suggested Topics