• Hi, some of you know about this little guy's story. I have a red and white boy, about a year old, who needs a qualified home in the Portland, OR area. He does not need rescuing, I'm looking for a forever home. I've had him for about 6 months, training him and getting him ready for a good home. His name is Kumba. I got him from a student of mine that couldn't handle him. I already had a basenji and 2 other breeds so I took him so that the rescue wouldn't put him down (he has a slight bite history). I couldn't bear to see a 9 month old boy to be put down with such a history, he spent his first 8 months in a backyard. He is doing very well. He is learning a lot from me and my dogs. He would do best in a house with another dog that is socialized and good with other dogs, younger and energetic would be great. Please let me know if you are interested in adding this guy to your home. Thanks so much. I need to get him a wonderful forever home. Please email me at kevinhilterbrand@msn.com

• @protrainer:

I already had a basenji and 2 other breeds so I took him so that the rescue wouldn't put him down (he has a slight bite history).

Could you please give more information about his bite history? How many times has he bit and at what level were the bites rated?

• Here's what I know: 2 bites to one foster mom. The first was over chicken, trying to take it away from him. The second was over going into the crate. I have not seen any aggression over the crate unless you're forcing him in, he goes in great with a little treat, and now we don't even have to do that. He sleeps in the crate and goes in there when he's not supervised or we're not home. I think she needed stitches for both, but she's older and disabled.

Suggested Topics