• Here are two gorgeous girls in NY:

http://albany.craigslist.org/pet/1752178911.html

**"Two female basenjis' all shots rear breed and barkless. would like to keep togther. free to a good home. call (518)238-3934. "
    attachment_p_112756_0_1-albany1.jpg
    attachment_p_112756_1_1-albany2.jpg

• Thanks I will let the BRAT folks know.

• Wow, is that a prong collar the Red&White is wearing in the house? Looks like it, complete with tags…. and they look older????

• I hate prong collars, they should be outlawed. Poor b's..hopefully, they will find a home where they can be treasured!

• @sharronhurlbut:

I hate prong collars, they should be outlawed. Poor b's..hopefully, they will find a home where they can be treasured!

Depends on the situation and who is using them. While I don't use them, I know many that do and you can also get prong covers (rubber tips that fit over the prong ends). But for the "general public" that have no idea how they are or should be used, I totally agree. And for sure it is not something that should be left on unsupervised.

• Houston

ah, they are too cute..a brindle and black/white it looks like..I hope BRAT can step in..

• The BRAT folks in NY are on these 2. If I hear, I will keep you all informed.
    I don't put collars on my dogs in the house. There are just too many ways they can get them caught, or they tangle each others jaws in them..while playing.
    Re prong collars, most folks don't use them properly. That is why I think you need to take a test to use them..only kind of kidding.
    Also, the one without the rubber tips are just cruel, at least, that is how I feel.

• @sharronhurlbut:

The BRAT folks in NY are on these 2. If I hear, I will keep you all informed.
    I don't put collars on my dogs in the house. There are just too many ways they can get them caught, or they tangle each others jaws in them..while playing.
    Re prong collars, most folks don't use them properly. That is why I think you need to take a test to use them..only kind of kidding.
    Also, the one without the rubber tips are just cruel, at least, that is how I feel.

Hey, I don't disagree with "taking a test" but then I think couples should do that before having children or pets… :eek:

• Hheee, we are on the same page here..Sadly in our country, anyone can have kids and pets and pretty much do whatever they want to with them, until someone steps up and and says "stop it!"

• http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pet/1766812612.html

email: comm-3fvac-1766812612@craigslist.org

I have two beautiful basenji's that I am looking for a forever home for. Both full sisters , 5 and 4. They are very friendly and love people. Both are outside dogs and have never really spent anytime inside. They are smart so maybe they can learn. They are kennel ( crate) trained . They go in the house at night in their crate and they will scratch at the door if when they are ready to go to bed. I would prefer them to go to a home with another basenji or someone who has had one in the past. Though I need to find them a home I am not looking asap and will make sure it's a very good fit. I also want someone who owns a house and will ask proof of that. With all the foreclosures going on I just don't want them to have to find another home. Though they are great with children , I am looking for a home with children at least 4 and up. They will chase a cat and not sure if they will hurt one I know they will chase. SO if you have a cat this may not be a good fit. Basenji's can be very stubborn. Very smart but strong willed. The perfect home would take both but I know that is asking alot so I am open to someone just taking one. I am not sure how they would get along with other dogs, specially girls. They get along with some of my dogs and some of my children dogs but not with others. I have a personal reason I am looking to find them a home and would prefer not to discuss this on craig's list. I do have time to find the perfect home and will take the time to do so. I do not live in the area but travel to Sac , monthly and the weather in Sac is better for the girls then in my area. They love the Sun. Welcome to shoot me a email asking any questions I didn't answer. Very reasonable rehoming fee.

• http://reno.craigslist.org/pet/1766794304.html
    email: comm-nfqjt-1766794304@craigslist.org

I'm looking for a forever home for my basenji's . I have two beautiful girls. Both full sisters , 5 and 4. Though I would love to see them go together , I know the odds are low someone wants to take both. I really am going to hold out for someone who has one currently or can prove they did have one. They are a special breed. They are not housebroken….so please remember that . They are completely outside but for night time when they go inside a kennel ( crate) . They are awesome inside the crate. I have never had any issues with children and they are around them all the time. But I do not want them around very young children , just because . I also want a homeowner. So you must own your own home . They will chase a cat , I do not know if they would hurt one but they will chase so I'm not sure this would be a good fit if you have cats. I am in no hurry . There is a long story on why I am looking for a home and I would rather not get into it on craigs. There will be a reasonable adoption fee.

• If you want the best home for your b's please list them with BRAT, www.basenjirescue.org.
    That group does a great job rehoming b's who need a new place to live.

• Can I ask you bluntly…why won't you list them with BRAT???

• PattyM is in Florida and I think she was just forwarding a post from CraigsList. Looks like the basenjis are somewhere on the west coast. I guess you could try the email on the CL ad.

• Thank you, I didn't open the ad, I just replyed.
    Next time I will check it out further.

• Sorry for the confusion Sharon, I copied the text from the CL listing so people could see what this person wrote… if there's someone from BRAT that can send an email, then maybe we can open the doors for these two girls. 🙂 I'm not a part of BRAT, just a basenji lover....

• Patty, thank you for posting this. I am sorry I didn't contact the craigs list person until just this last post.
    I hope they will turn the b's over to BRAT. I sent them a note suggesting that.
    Hugs for your help with any b in need.

• You are welcome. The reason I keep re-posting these CL ads, especially if there's a picture, is not only to place these dogs into basenji savvy homes, but just in case there's anyone here who's lost a basenji, or a breeder who's sold a basenji, or even if there's a chance that one of these listings is a former BRAT rescue (where someone is ignoring the adoption contracts)… well, if you are a basenji lover, chances are, you are part of this forum, and can help these dogs.

• Patty, your doing a great service for b's in need. Keep up the good work. I just have to pay more attention to the posts you send. grin.

• http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/1773796869.html

email: comm-mgact-1773796869@craigslist.org

4 year old male Basenji dog. Potty trained and good with kids. Basenji's are a neat breed, google them to find out more. Smaller breed that is not able to bark. If interested reply or call (719)495-5032

Suggested Topics