• Wow, breaks my heart when I hear that someone purely "doesn't want their dog" (or any animal) any more. Animals should not be viewed as a 'hobby' that can change on a whim.

As for the other basenji, he looks lovely. We have a calm house, no kids, 3 cats and both adults at home all day. I wish I was in a position to help this fellow out, but the timing is not right for right now as one of our 3 senior cats is in lots of discomfort with an arthritic back. I will send a message out into the cosmos to hope for a forever home for him.

• First Basenji's

I'm really nervous about the second one, actually. It looks like a BYB kit for sale, complete with a run-down looking kennel… "The male is not related to the females."

• I did let BRAT's OK coordinator know about these guys.
    -Joanne

• Its awful to see how these bs in OK are kept..shame on that owner…

• @sharronhurlbut:

Its awful to see how these bs in OK are kept..shame on that owner…

My feelings exactly

• Has anyone contacted the seller in OK? The city is near where all those OK breeders I spoke about in another thread is located, Stigler, Keota, Spiro and Poteau which is where the Bs are/were available at the shelter. I wonder if these Bs are related. They could go back to the WL's Bs from Tahlequah, OK, that were sold at a couple of dog auctions.

• First Basenji's

I would have no idea what to say or how to approach the owner, especially if the intention is to diplomatically convince him (the nephew?) to surrender the basenjis to BRAT instead of selling them. I admire the person who would be able to do so.

Thank you, Joanne, for contacting BRAT's OK coordinator.

• Another post found on Craigslist, South Florida area:
    http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pet/1843440810.html

• Please always let BRAT know when you see such things.

• I just received an email from the owner of the 3 basenjis in Oklahoma; they are still "available"… does BRAT ever buy dogs to get them out of their horrible situations, so that they can find them happy homes? 😞

• Not that I know of, but you can let brat know about them. 😞

• $200 is not a lot of money to get these 3 b's out of this environment, and into a home that will show them what humans are supposed to be all about…. I wish I was closer to OK so that I could snatch up these poor dogs.

In the meantime, I sent an email to someone at BRAT to see if they can help them. 🙂

• Perhaps a collection can be made for these 3 and given to BRAT so they can go into rescue!

Jennifer

• BRAT doesn't usually buy Basenjis unless under special circumstances, for example they've purchased breeding bitches with nursing litter from the dog auctions to keep the whole batch away from the millers. I would think that this is almost the same situation as someone pointed out "this is a breeding kit" and many potential future rescues.

$200 per Basenji might be a bit steep for BRAT; a lot of potential vet bills here giving the wrong message? I don't know, I don't run BRAT. And I don't want to speak for BRAT but… maybe a collection is feasible. If there is some support here I could bring it forward. Worth a shot?
    -Joanne

• You know Joanne, money couldn't be tighter right now, but if my $30 would help, count me in.

• I did not realize it was $200 per B as I read the post from Patty M and thought it was a total of $200 for all of them-3 Bs. Next time I will look at the ad first before replying!

Jennifer

• First Basenji's

I don't think it was clear from the original ad if it was $200 total or $200 per. Did anyone find out for sure?

• Yes, I did find out… it's $200 for all three dogs. I have the lady's phone number and email address if there's someone nearby that can rescue them?

(Insert sign of hope here)....:)

• Adorable girl in Phoenix:
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pet/1880299509.html

Cheba is a 5 year old Basenji who is in need of a good home. I travel all the time and its come to the point where I realise she needs a home where her owner is home more. She is a loving girl who needs to be with a family that is around. She does not like other dogs living with her, but is good with children. She is the best dog I have ever had, but she needs more love. Rehoming fee would be negotiable, but Im asking $100.00. Please read up about Basenjis before answering to this ad because they are different from a normal dog, actually better, they don't bark. They are refered to as the barkless dog. If interested contact me at 480-213-5478

comm-qcanv-1880299509@craigslist.org
    attachment_p_117515_0_cheba.jpg

• Jennifer, I met a couple this weekend who have a couple of small kids, but would consider a b mix..if one comes up in Wa or even Or… sorry this is off topic.

Suggested Topics