• Thank you Patty. I send them an e-mail re BRAT. Hope they list their b there.

• i emailed these people yesterday and suggested they contact Colorado Basenji Rescue. Haven't heard anything, so , who knows.

• Oh, Yeiks and damn! Free…sigh. Ok, will try to get someone to get these 3 b's.

• @tanza:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pet/1784744314.html

hopefully they will all find homes where they will be indoor dogs

• BRAT got right on it last night, so they saw the post. I am so darn glad we have this group.
    Fingers crossed they can get all 3…it will be heaven for the b's if they are p/u by BRAT.

Shame on those owners..shame!

• @sharronhurlbut:

Oh, Yeiks and damn! Free…sigh. Ok, will try to get someone to get these 3 b's.

The BRAT coordinator for OK is already working on this.
    -Joanne

• Yea!!!!!!! Good. I just saw this post and it made me sad/mad.

• Here's a cute black and white basenji in San Diego. I sent an email to them, suggesting that they contact BRAT, or to post on here.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pet/1788609322.html

comm-pzbuj-1788609322@craigslist.org

Need to find a good home for our female purebred Basenji. Sadie is 1 1/2 years old, 20 lbs and completely housebroken.
    My son and I need to move the end of this month into a small one bedroom apt. that does not allow for pets. We need to rehome Sadie asap. Please contact 858-663-1018 if interested in adopting Sadie.

attachment_p_113882_0_1-black-sandiego.jpg

• Also people should be directed back to the pups breeder as they should take responsibility for what they have breed regardless of the reason

• I let the BRAT person in Ca know..in case they didn't see this ad.
    Thanks so much for sharing it so we can see what we can do for these b's.

• First Basenji's

3-year-old male in Arizona:
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pet/1796135294.html

"Blake is a three year old male Basenji. He is a purebred, trindle colored Basenji (tri color with brindle). We rescued him a year and a half ago, and for the most part he is a sweet boy. He was left in his kennel for up to 16 hours a day from his previous owner. He had issues with his kennel but will now go to "bed" (his kennel) on command, sometimes needs a little snack for coaxing! He normally gets along with our other male Basenji, but there appears to be a dominance issue between the two as they have not been getting along as well. We feel that Blake would be happier in a single dog family where he can get the love and attention he deserves.

E-mail for details about the re-homing fee. He would like to keep his food dish, bed, kennel. We don't have any problem with that and will include his AKC paperwork as well. (he is neutered so don't get any ideas)"

• Thanks I sent them a note. Will let BRAT know, if they haven't see this.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Thanks I sent them a note. Will let BRAT know, if they haven't see this.

I would not say that this is a rescue situation. Looks to me like they are responsible people (since they already have a Basenjis), know the breed and are just looking to place this boy in a better situation where there is not conflict with another male?

• Hi everyone I am new to this forum and have tried many avenues for finding Rocky a home. He is a wonderful adult basenji, 5yrs old, tan and white. I have been "fostering" him for about a year now trying to find him the RIGHT home. I recently joined the Army and I can no longer care for him. I have tried BRAT but they are full.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.
    attachment_p_114283_0_rocky-2.jpg

• Ladybug, I would love to help you out but Florida is a long ways away from where I live. I hope you find a wonderful home for him but I'm already jealous of his new owners.

• Who in BRAT told they are full?

• Ladybug do you have any idea who Rocky's breeder is? If so, perhaps they may be willing to take him back?

• I have never been told that BRAT is full.

• First Basenji's

Gorham, Maine:
    http://maine.craigslist.org/pet/1880001164.html (w/ pic)

Basenji To Good Home (Gorham)
    Date: 2010-08-04, 9:39AM EDT
    Reply to: comm-6fudx-1880001164@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

His Name is Rev and he is 4 years old. House trained and OK with cats and great with other dogs. He is AKC registered. He has anxiety and he needs to be in a calm home. Maybe older couple or something. My life is to hectic to make him happy. There is a re homing fee. Please call 207-318-3292. Call before e-mailing. Thanks

And Quinton, OK:
    http://fortsmith.craigslist.org/grd/1873692831.html (pics):

Basenji - $200 (Quinton, OK)
    Date: 2010-07-31, 2:55PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-d7nmb-1873692831@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Two females and one male, females birthdate Dec. 6, 2003 and the male is Dec. 2, 2002. The male is not related to the females. All three are AKC registered with papers on hand. Selling all three because my nephew is no longer interested in them cause he is roping now.

Suggested Topics