• Hi , I'm Larissa. I don't have any Basenji's yet but I hope to have one or more than one in the future. Right now I have to senior Golden Retrievers. Our family lives in Alberta Canada. Thanks for welcoming me.:)

• Welcome to the forum Larissa 🙂

• Welcome to the forum. You will be able to learn much here looking over the health and behavior topics. On another note. I hike with my B a lot on nature trails and take him to the dog park occasionally and the only breed of dog that Buddy has trouble with are Golden Retrievers. They snap at him. He was bitten once last summer by one at the park, luckily just a little of the hair on his neck got pulled out. Buddy is very friendly type of Basenji. Just yesterday 2 snapped at him walking on a trail luckily all dogs are leashed.

• Thanks for the warning, by the time i get a basenji my Goldens will be 14 and 12. They probbably won't have any teeth left. LOL

• @Larissa:

Thanks for the warning, by the time i get a basenji my Goldens will be 14 and 12. They probbably won't have any teeth left. LOL

Are they usually like that or have do I just run into the bad ones?

• @nobarkus:

Welcome to the forum. You will be able to learn much here looking over the health and behavior topics. On another note. I hike with my B a lot on nature trails and take him to the dog park occasionally and the only breed of dog that Buddy has trouble with are Golden Retrievers. They snap at him. He was bitten once last summer by one at the park, luckily just a little of the hair on his neck got pulled out. Buddy is very friendly type of Basenji. Just yesterday 2 snapped at him walking on a trail luckily all dogs are leashed.

Our Geasy also doesn't like Golden R. and another shaggy breeds.
    Once at show in honour ring he stood behind the Samoyed and Geasy snapped at him and had full mouth of Samoyed's hairs 😕:D. Due to this Geasy gained "only" 4th place Best In Group :D.

• And welcome to the forum.

• I must admit my old boy (recently deceased) loved to try and pull the hair from long coated dogs (with the exception of his own Border Collies and Karabash that is)!

• Hi Larissa, welcome to the forum! I live in Alberta as well, and don't have any basenjis yet, either. 🙂

• Hi Larissa, welcome to the forum - you'll find lots of great information here. I am from the Vancouver area, and ALSO don't have a basenji yet, but am learning tons and KNOW that I will be buying from a responsible breeder.

• Welcome to the forum.

• Welcome to the forum Larissa

Suggested Topics