• Pat, that was going to be MY question. laugh

• TikaLynn
    Don't feel bad about grabbing her muzzle - you didn't know and now won't do it again. That's the wonderful thing about this forum - there is so much good advice from experienced basenji people.

• No, not from Kathy Britton. Tika has not really been responding to the yelp and ignore method, but, it is kind of funny. The day I saw on here to try that method, and maybe get bitter apple spray, I went out and bought the spray, and was all prepared to yelp and ignore. Believe it or not, Tika went DAYS without nipping at me or anybody. That has NEVER happened. haha She must have known! The first time she nipped at me, I yellwed, "Ouch, and turned my back, so she jumped up at my back (I was sitting) and bit at my back. I got out the bitter apple, started to spray it, and before I even got any on my arm or anything, she was gone. I will keep trying the yelping method, and see if it works. I think more than anything the warmer weather is beginning to help, because I think she plays harder when she is outside now, and she sun bathes when not playing, and the sun drains anybody's energy!

• Who did you get your girl from?

• I am not sure I feel comfortable posting the name of the individual I got my Basenji from on here, simply because without permission, I would never want to post anybody else's name or information online. I am not trying to be evasive, as I have no reason to be - the individual is reputable, and was truly a pleasure to work with. I just really do not think I should mention any names without permission.

• Whatever you are comfortable with, many of us have related Basenjis, so just wondering if yours is related to anyone here….. If they are a responsible breeders they most likely are on the BCOA website as breeder referrals or if members of a regional club on those website also.

• I looked on the BCOA website, but do not see them on there. I am sure quite a few people on this forum know them, though. I actually contacted somebody with BRAT initially to look into getting a tri, and my process went through a few different breeders before finding the ones out of Oregon. After many phone conversations, exchanged emails, and pictures, we met her halfway, because she, nor my husband and I, agreed to "shipping" the dog. We have all kept a close relationship, and I know she keeps in very close contact with other Basenji breeders, and is very involved with dog shows. Tika comes from a long line of champions - but the only showing she does is her own prancing around at the dog parks!

Suggested Topics