Kasko and Tric on film (and Kahlo)

• Great video. Poor Kahlo, she can't walks on the snow and flounder and in the meantime Tric's running around her :D.

• love the video! Your dogs look so happy and free running off leash!

To all those that don't typically leash your B's - how did you go about training them to be good off leash or in what situations do you feel comfortable letting them off lead? I know my dogs would love it but I'm too paranoid after reading too many horror stories to let them go freely!

• @JWU1684:

love the video! Your dogs look so happy and free running off leash!

To all those that don't typically leash your B's - how did you go about training them to be good off leash or in what situations do you feel comfortable letting them off lead? I know my dogs would love it but I'm too paranoid after reading too many horror stories to let them go freely!

Our 4 B's running off leash in forest. We taught them that since puppy age. Every time when I let them run free I try to have some tidbits with me, they know it and come to me with pleasure. And I also call them back when I know they don't see any disturbing signal.
    And mainly, I need to trust them when I let them leash off ;).
    See Basenjis run free is the best sight I've ever seen! 🙂

• @JWU1684:

love the video! Your dogs look so happy and free running off leash!

Thank you. 🙂

The basenjis are just 3 and 4 months old, and don't run far away, and I try to call them only when I see that they are ond their way back to me (I wasn't good enough on that with Kahlo - so she will run just to get me to call her so she can come back and get her treat or toy. :o ) I Always have a lot of treats and, never let them go where it is likly to come cars. So far Kasko does not show signs of wanting to hunt. Tric, who is older, has a bigger radius and really wants to follow Kahlo everywhere. Kahlo has not, until now, cared about hunting animals - but I see that she is more interested now - so I will probably have to keep her more on leash when the spring comes.

• The three of them looked like they were having so much fun together. It didn't seem as if the cold snow was bothering them in the slightest.

• Lovely snowy, Doggy video. Great music too, i love that track.

Suggested Topics