• In 1814, we took a little trip
    Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip….

My person gave me Crawfish Etouffee with my dinner tonight. I loved it so much I went back to her begging for more, but the stingy old broad said I'd already had too much. Humans!

And then, she wouldn't even stop for Boudin or Cracklins! I would have loved to try them…do y'all feel sorry for the poor neglected Basenji yet? How about I show y'all my wrinkles, would that help?

City specific.

Cheers!

• N.O. Where's the beans?

• First Basenji's

Awe, poor AJ is so neglected! LOL!

• Chalmette ?

• Houston

Breaux Bridge?? I love that place..best crawfish ever.

• We were on the outskirts of New Orleans, "Luziann"

The verse reference "In 1814…" is the beginning of the song "Battle of New Orleans" which describes Andrew Jackson's trek down the Mississippi River, picking up volunteers along the way from various farms and Indian Tribes (ironic that Jackson turned into one of the most vicious anti-Indian presidents in history) to fight the British (no offense to our friends across the pond. This is just history.) because the Americans thought the Brits were going to try to cut off "Manifest Destiny" via the Mississippi River. "Manifest Destiny" was the term used in those days as shorthand for "We're going to own everything between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans" and one of the main reasons for the slaughter of entire Tribes of indigenous peoples.

And now we're on to other parts of the country...

• Now I am in the mood for East Coast grub. lol

Suggested Topics