Africa re bringing b's back

• To whom will these new pups belong?

• I am sure Bryan, James and Lisa will be responsible for them. They will get them vetted, and get them accepted, hopefully into the BCOA. I know these folks and they are very responsible. These dogs, and their puppies will live very good lives.

• Oh…you know I know they'll be well cared for!
    I was just curious, since three people went over, will the puppies stay together or be split between the three? Will they be co-owned? That sort of thing.

• That I don't know. They might even have brought back a pup for one of the EBC breeders. But it won't be long before they are back and stories and photos will be shared.
    Such an exciting time!

• I'm really jealous of the people who'll be able to see these dogs in the flesh. No doubt there'll be plenty of photos - I'll just have to make do with those!!

• Just got a text message from Bryan, they are at JFK and almost home.
    Lots of photos and video! so it will be so very cool to see part of what they saw.
    More to come.
    Puppies are on US soil!!!

• Exciting news! Thanks Sharron.

• Houston

oohh, I can't wait to see pictures..so exciting ..
    I am glad they are safe and sound on American soil again..

• I am posting these pics for Sharron. A few of the pups from the Africa trip.

attachment_p_105243_0_africatrip1.jpg
    attachment_p_105243_1_africatrip2.jpg

• Houston

lvoss, thanks for sharing..
    The second picture..oh so cute, the first one is nice too, but I really like the second one..
    May we have more please?

• Lisa was nice enough to post these for me. I have yet to master the posting of photos.
    The second photo is of James Johannes. He planned the trip and I think they will do another one, someday.
    When he shares photos with me, I will share them with you all.

• Bryan said they are still working to get rid of the worms these puppies have. Its not a easy process, as they have so many types and they want to make sure the b's don't get any type of reaction to the medications.
    Also, if any of you are on facebook, you can go to Bryan Gregorys site and check out the photos he just posted.
    Lisa is the blond woman, Laurie, is Bryans wife, brown hair sitting as I recall..and many b photos.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Bryan said they are still working to get rid of the worms these puppies have. Its not a easy process, as they have so many types and they want to make sure the b's don't get any type of reaction to the medications.
    Also, if any of you are on facebook, you can go to Bryan Gregorys site and check out the photos he just posted.
    Lisa is the blond woman, Laurie, is Bryans wife, brown hair sitting as I recall..and many b photos.

Thanks for the update. I saw those FaceBook photos earlier, they are really cool. I love the one of the group of dogs looking through a door and the three dogs with the little child.

• I didn't realize I should have that the dogs would be full of "thing's" we don't often see in the states.
    But once these b's are done with that, I know they will be fully tested re BCOA standards and breeders standards, and will be a great asset to the breed.

• The secon picture is very much like my bitch, Spring. Actually a few years ago we took her and Gbala to see Michaela Dennis who had Basenjis in the Congo many in the 50s/50s (She and her husband used to have a series on thier lives on UK Television. I don't suppose there are many on the Forum who would remember). She was in her 90s and happened to be in a hospital in England. She said that Spring and Gbala were exactly like the basenjis that she had then!

She did write a book 'Leopard in my Lap' which talked about, and had photographs of Basenjis. I know of a couple of breeders who started in Basenjis on reading that book Sorry nothing to do with this post really.

• I went over to see Lisa Saban's puppies today. Oh, heavens! they are so darn cute.
    I think the will make great additions to the b's blood lines.
    I will share photos when I can get them from others.
    I tell you, as difficult as this trip was at some time, if you all have the $$ to go, you can find some wonderful dogs there.

• If any of you can come to Argus Ranch, in Auburn Wa state, in Aug the weekend of 6-8 you will be able to see these Africans. That is the big Evergreen Basenji specality.
    I attend all 3 days and its b's every day.
    Wonderful!

• I had the opportunity to visit the African puppies residing at Jumoke on my way to the Seattle show this past weekend. It was amazing to see them, it is hard to wrap your head around the fact that they are fresh out of the jungle. They are full of love and I feel so lucky to have been able to see them as puppies! I can't wait to watch them grow up and hopefully become a new addition to our stock.

• Oh, I wish I could have met you..I was there both days..Maybe we can meet at the August basenji show?

• Sharron, This is Libby! With r/w basenji boy Dude. I was only at the show on Sunday, I came up with Kathy.

I didn't see you 😞

Suggested Topics