• @Andrew:

Good tip for the hot dog… cut it in half or in quarters lengthwise, then cut those strips into nickel size widths. Then you can throw them in a baggy & freeze them. Take a handful out every other day or so & keep them in the fridge. They make a perfect size little reward if you are working a lot to get something down, but don't want them to get too full. That's another reason I like cheese so much; very easy to make it into small pieces.

Thanks for that; I want to be able to cut up a bunch each week and store them so I don't have an extra chore every day, so freezing will help with that. 🙂

Thanks for the dangerous foods list, guys! I looovvee cheese, and always have some around, so he might get treated to that rather often as well!

In case you all didn't know…you all rock 😉

• Sometimes I buy string cheese as you can cut that up just like Carrie said about hot dogs. The individually packaged kind is nice for travelling (and nice for a snack for me too on the road. ;)). Once you figure out what your dog likes, it's good to have a variety around the house…some they REALLY REALLY like and others they like okay. I find it helps with training depending on the situation.

• I just tried the oven made chicken jerky somebody recommended… DISGUSTING! (had to taste one for myself after spending all that time prepping it haha 🙂 ), but the girls LOVED them!! Did any command I asked instantly!

• @Andrew:

I just tried the oven made chicken jerky somebody recommended… DISGUSTING! (had to taste one for myself after spending all that time prepping it haha 🙂 ), but the girls LOVED them!! Did any command I asked instantly!

Really? I found it kind of bland, but not horrible. Hard and crunchy, not quite the right texture for chicken in my book, but not horrible.

• @agilebasenji:

Really? I found it kind of bland, but not horrible. Hard and crunchy, not quite the right texture for chicken in my book, but not horrible.

I'm not a huge fan of chicken to begin with, so nothing about it appealed to me really. But I was also the kid who had to touch the stovetop even after mom said "Don't touch! You'll hurt yourself!" I've got to prove things to myself….

• @Andrew:

I just tried the oven made chicken jerky somebody recommended… DISGUSTING! (had to taste one for myself after spending all that time prepping it haha 🙂 ), but the girls LOVED them!! Did any command I asked instantly!

rotflmbo!!!

• I think the amazing basenji miracle ocurred the day mine discovered brussel sprouts. To heck with Beggin Strips. She makes a fool of herself over BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!

• @Lenora:

I think the amazing basenji miracle ocurred the day mine discovered brussel sprouts. To heck with Beggin Strips. She makes a fool of herself over BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!

YUCK! The only time we had BS in our house, the basenji refused to eat it adn it even took several tries to get the lab (described as walking stomach) to eat them. But my current pups do like raw fresh grown zucchinis.

• I actually steamed brussel sprouts & green beans together with my dinner last night & poured the resulting veggie flavored water onto Lola & Callie's dinner. They didn't seem to mind a bit, but I don't know how much it actually tasted like brussel sprouts…

• We can't keep brussel sprouts in stock at our house. She likes the little nasty bitter ones that would make people gag. She's never met a veggie or bean she didn't like but why brussel sprouts????

• @Lenora:

We can't keep brussel sprouts in stock at our house. She likes the little nasty bitter ones that would make people gag. She's never met a veggie or bean she didn't like but why brussel sprouts????

Cat poop is a delicacy to them, so go figure. :rolleyes:

Suggested Topics