• I am one of the 'dreamers'. It made me very jealous reading this story. I do hope they can find some pure Basenjis. I would think that they are so rare even in deepest darkest Africa. I will be following this with interest. 🙂

• It all seems very interesting to me…until I got to the ridiculous "carbon offset" nonsense. Just another tax. That's all it is.

I hope the trip is successful.

• Houston

I read about the trip to Cameron too, so interesting and way cool..yes I want updates..and I hope they manage to bring home some wonderful pure b's..

• I know James will bring back a dog or 2…Bryan was pretty ridged on what he wanted.
    He said if they won't pass BCOA, he isn't interested in bringing them back.
    James brother is going to be shipping crates over to them, when the decide how many they will be bringing back...so, the adventure continues.

• Oh, I have their trip plans, Lisa sent it to me.
    I wonder if she would mind I share it so you know where they plan to be at what time…
    Maybe I better post to her ask.
    I will do that, and see what she says.

• I don't do Twitter, but Bryan did send this post to the EBC members...so sorry if you have read it.
    On Feb 9, 2010, at 2:36 PM, Bryan Gregory

• Houston

Sounds amazing, what awesome experiences they are seeing, smelling and hearing..Thanks for the update.
    I did sign up on Twitter and Fb, but I would prefer reading about their experinces here among basenji friends..

• James posted this on the african site, so am sharing it with you all.

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February

Mon 8 - Bryan, Laurie and Lisa will leave Seattle at 6:35AM on Delta, arrive JFK at 3:05PM. Fly to Casablanca at 7:01PM from NY.

Tue 9 - Arrive Casablanca at 7:40AM. Travel by train to Marrakesh.

Wed 10 – Stay in Marrakesh.

Thu 11 – Return to Casablanca. Fly to Kinshasa at 5:10PM, arrive Kinshasa early morning (2:20AM) (stay overnight)

Fri 12 – See Kinshasa , get money exchanged, stay overnight. I leave Seattle at 6:35AM on Delta, arrive JFK at 3:05PM. Fly to Casablanca at 7:01PM from NY.

Sat 13 – Goto Brazzaville by ferry and possibly visit Basilique St. Anne, Temple Mosque , Charles de Gaulle House, and Musee National du Congo (National Museum of Congo), return by ferry back to Kinshasa , stay overnight.
    I will arrive in Casablanca at 7:40AM

Sun 14– I will arrive in Kinshasa at 2:20AM. We will fly to Basankusu in the morning (stay overnight)

Mon 15 – Travel up Maringa and Lomako river, visit villages

Tue 16 – Travel up Maringa and Lomako river, visit villages

Wed 17 – Travel up Maringa and Lomako river, visit villages

Thu 18 – Travel up Maringa and Lomako river, visit villages

Fri 19 – Arrive at Camp N’dele (Lomako Reserve)

Sat 20 – Visit reserve.

Sun 21 – Visit reserve.

Mon 22 – Visit reserve.

Tue 23 – Travel down river and visit villages

Wed 24 – Travel down river and visit villages

Thu 25 – Travel down river and visit villages

Fri 26 – Travel down river and visit villages

Sat 27 – Arrive back at Basankusu (overnight stay)

Sun 28 – We will fly back to Kinshasa. Dogs will be transferred to Michel's house to stay.

March

Mon 1 – Pickup dogs from Michels house for vet visit (Clinique Veterinaire Kinoise). Confirm flight. Return dogs back to Michel's house.

Tue 2 – Visit Mausoleum de Kabila, March? des Voleurs (Art), Symphonie Des Arts, Rapids of Kinsuka, ect. Visit dogs at Michel's house.
    I will leave from Brazzaville at 11:50PM.

Wed 3 – Visit Lola ya Bonobo sanctuary. Visit dogs at Michel's house.

Thu 4 – Pickup dogs from Michel's house. Get ready to leave.

Fri 5 – Leave Kinshasa at 3:10AM. Arrive Casablanca 10:25AM, fly to NY at 11:25AM, arrive NY at 2:45PM. Fly on to Seattle at 7:30PM on Delta.
    -Total of 26 days-

• @Basenjimamma:

Sounds amazing, what awesome experiences they are seeing, smelling and hearing..Thanks for the update.
    I did sign up on Twitter and Fb, but I would prefer reading about their experinces here among basenji friends..

100% agree with you, I too would rather have it all posted here, (thanks sharonhurlbut for all the info you have posted so far :)), so we can share among like-minded people…

Sooooooooo excited, I feel like a kid waiting for Santa's visit ;);)...

• I'm Jumoke's fan on FB, and have been waiting… but haven't seen anything posted on this trip. I don't tweet, so for those that do please post updates!

This is so exciting ~~ I got both of my B's from Bryan and Laurie, and am a Jumoke fan. It's so cool to see them on this adventure!

• Bryan and Laurie have wonderful b's…I am a great fan of them as well.
    Jazzy, maybe when the have the meeting at EBC with the photos you can make it.
    I will be here.

• @JazzysMom:

I'm Jumoke's fan on FB, and have been waiting… but haven't seen anything posted on this trip. I don't tweet, so for those that do please post updates!

This is so exciting ~~ I got both of my B's from Bryan and Laurie, and am a Jumoke fan. It's so cool to see them on this adventure!

N/M – I see it now...

• @AJs:

It all seems very interesting to me…until I got to the ridiculous "carbon offset" nonsense. Just another tax. That's all it is.

I hope the trip is successful.

+1…I agree re: the purchase of carbon offsets.

Suggested Topics