• Good. You're jsut like a Basenji - they don't do 'giving up' either.

• Is that also why I've always done my own thing?!

"As I stopped to take in my familiar view across to the rounded green hills on the other
    side of the valley, I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, a small black, brown and
    white streak carving out an arc through the rippling green shag-pile carpet which
    stretched out and fell away in front of me. Did Basenjis ever run in
    straight lines, I wondered?"

They are very different, aren't they?

• At last, some real progress!

Rosie is putting on weight and improving day by day.

While no clear diagnosis has been forthcoming she is responding to the drugs often prescribed for IPSID and similar conditions and so we are hoping the progress continues, though she may have to be on them for an extended period if not permanently.

Here's a link to one reference I found online which appears most relevant to her:

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:Zro42h38DOYJ:www.2ndchance.info/inflambowel.htm+basenji+%22metronidazole%22&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Mike

• That's great news Mike. I hope Rosie continues to improve. They really are little fighters. Giver her a hug from me.

Keep us posted. 🙂

Vicki

• Will do, Vicki, thanks! 😉

Meanwhile our attention has shifted to Poppy, our Dane bitch, who woke up today with an abscess on one of her anal glands. Very uncomfortable for her and a temp of 106. Now lanced and she has two drains in until Thursday but she's a little happier now…

• Mmm Sounds lovely. Glad I wasn't eating when I read that post. 😃

That sounds really nasty and what a temperature to have. Hope she gets better soon too. Give her a hug too.

It's always one thing after another with dogs isn't it? My old BC is making a remarkable recovery from Vestibular Syndrome, the GSD has an inflamed Sebacious Cyst, I think all the Bs are OK at the moment though. 🙂

• Great news about Rosie! I was very happy to read this positive report this morning!

• So pleased Rosie is doing well, long may it continue.
    Hope poor Poppy is feeling better soon.

• Thank you, K Rass & Shelley, for your kind responses.

• Mike - i'm so glad to hear that Rosie is improving and sorry about your Great Dane who I hope is now recovering.

I was only wondering yesterday about Rosie and was about to ask you for an uopdate but was so relieved to read your post

• It's wonderful to hear that Rosie is showing much improvement. Now Poppy needs the attention - good thing you are such a diligent person with your dogs' health. Hugs sent out to both of them.

• Thanks, Patty. Yes, Poppy is, in herself, pretty much back to normal this morning but minus the drain! There's no sign of it whatsoever so we'll be scrutinising Rosie's little piles for signs of what happened to it!!! Fortunately the vet was amused…

• Thank you, Fran. It was good to have the support here when things were looking a bit dubious. I'll post updates from time to time.

Mike

• Re the drain -I sometimes think that our vets wonder why we have Basenjis!!

• It's not unknown for us every now and then!

Both are very well this morning which is great news.

Suggested Topics