• A few videos here. First is out trip to, and at the Dog Park. We ended up being there for 2 hours! Gizmo was running around pretty much nonstop! At the end, he was just hanging around my feet, obviously telling me "let's go home!". :rolleyes:

The second video is when we get home. Gizmo parks himself in front of the heater fan, and does his best not to fall asleep. But fails…the soothing warmth, and the exhaustion takes hold... 😃

[yt]GZ0elMWT4g4[/yt]

[yt]TLH3OvT0j70[/yt]

• Great vids, Gizmo looks realy grown up now.
    He's one tired doggy, i love the way he turns away from the camera at the end 😃

• Tired basenji = Good basenji = Happy owner

🙂

• Nice big dog park! The way Gizmo is dozing off it's a good thing he isn't driving. (-:
    At the end he says "I'm not sleeping I'm just resting my eye lids".

• Yep, that's one happy puppy. There's one thing I can't figure out. Is that a fan or a heater?

• AWW Thank You for Sharing!! Tooo Cute! I wish there was a Doggie Park close to us :((((

• @etzbseder:

Yep, that's one happy puppy. There's one thing I can't figure out. Is that a fan or a heater?

It's a fan heater, or is it called heater fan? Here in norway they are called "Vifteovn", so directly translated its fan heater. Just a fan with a heated element inside, so it blows out the heat.

• @NerdyDogOwner:

It's a fan heater, or is it called heater fan? Here in norway they are called "Vifteovn", so directly translated its fan heater. Just a fan with a heated element inside, so it blows out the heat.

Sounds like a ceramic heater (heating element inside with a fan distributing the heat).

I need to get one for my B. I think he'd thoroughly enjoy it. 😃

• @Kananga:

Sounds like a ceramic heater (heating element inside with a fan distributing the heat).

I need to get one for my B. I think he'd thoroughly enjoy it. 😃

I am sure he would. Gizmo lives in front of that thing ever since I bought it. And if it's not on, he will lay there and poke/claw at it. :p
    The humming sound of the fan is almost therapeutic, he seems very relaxed with it on.

• If you have a hair dryer try that on your Basenjis, keeping it moving of course so as not to burn them. My last Basenji used to love it when i was drying my hair and gave him a turn with it. Wish i'd filmed him

• @thunderbird8588:

If you have a hair dryer try that on your Basenjis, keeping it moving of course so as not to burn them. My last Basenji used to love it when i was drying my hair and gave him a turn with it. Wish i'd filmed him

Mine runs from the hair dryer. I've tried to use it after bathing him a few times (used the lowest setting too) and he went for the nearest corner. I didn't want to traumatize him. I guess some Basenjis are more tolerable of noises than others. :o

• Great videos! Gizmo is a big boy now! I love the second video with him trying not to fall asleep.. 😃

• Kananga, Benji used to run outside through the cat flap when he heard fireworks to investigate 😃

• @thunderbird8588:

Kananga, Benji used to run outside through the cat flap when he heard fireworks to investigate 😃

That is one curious Basenji. 🙂

Suggested Topics