• I'll be moving to Savannah, GA in a couple of weeks, and I'd ideally like to know a few people to show me the ropes when I get down there. Does anybody have friends or family in Savannah (in particular dog friendly people?) I should look up?

• I think BasenjiDiva is down that way somewhere, but could be wrong.

• sniff sniff

😞

• Houston

Wishing you a happy move..

• Basenjidiva is there but I don't think she reads the forums any more. I can pass along her contact info to you though.

And I'm going to miss you. 😞

• Savannah is lovely, it's nice to take the pups for a walk from park to park in the old part of Savannah. Lots of pretty sights to look at.

• Thanks for the well wishes!!
    And Nicki & Robyn; y'all won't even notice I'm gone, especially when we're sitting on the beach drinking mai tais 🙂

We're in Savannah now. I needed to come down to look at properties in person for renting. I brought Callie & Lola with me because I thought it would be easier just to have them than to arrange getting them to the breeder to keep them while I was out of town for only 1 night.
    Not many Savannah hotels allow dogs, so we ended up in a really posh hotel called The Mansion on Forsyth. The entire staff is very sweet to the girls, greets them and pets them. My heart broke open & fell on the floor when we met a 3 year old in a stroller in the lobby. She obviously has a dog at home, and was very happy to meet Callie & Lola. She grabbed Callie's face and smooshed it around, and although it wasn't painful to Callie, I'm sure it was annoying. She just sat there and let the girl love all over her, very patiently and sweetly. Lola even let the little girl pet her a little, which is a HUGE deal for Lola!! She is so scared of kids & usually growls & gets a little defensive & hides behind me. I've been working with her by making sure every little kid we meet gives her treats & she gets praise, so I was so happy to see Lola have a positive reaction to a child.
    We got into the room & Callie & Lola instantly jumped on the fluffy king size bed (Callie is currently building a nest in the pillows; always where she goes when we get in a hotel). Then they ran to investigate the window. We're on the ground floor looking onto a fairly busy sidewalk & road, with lots to see. The window is only 2 feet off the ground, with a ledge big enough for them to sit on. I jumped in the shower & when I got out 20 minutes later, they were both staring out the window, mesmerized with all the activity outdoors.
    We got in a good walk in the square across the street from our hotel, and they have been so patient with all the crate time they've logged today (5 hours in the car, plus several hours while I was looking at apartments and then again when i went out for dinner & drinks).
    Its supposed to rain tomorrow, but if it doesn't we may meet up with some Ibizan friends, or maybe go to dog friendly Fort Pulaski & a dog friendly restaurant (apparently Savannah is VERY dog friendly!!! Yay!)
    I'm so glad I brought them with me. They really make the trip that much better, rather than more stressful.

• @Andrew:

Thanks for the well wishes!!
    And Nicki & Robyn; y'all won't even notice I'm gone, especially when we're sitting on the beach drinking mai tais 🙂

We're in Savannah now. I needed to come down to look at properties in person for renting. I brought Callie & Lola with me because I thought it would be easier just to have them than to arrange getting them to the breeder to keep them while I was out of town for only 1 night.
    Not many Savannah hotels allow dogs, so we ended up in a really posh hotel called The Mansion on Forsyth. The entire staff is very sweet to the girls, greets them and pets them. My heart broke open & fell on the floor when we met a 3 year old in a stroller in the lobby. She obviously has a dog at home, and was very happy to meet Callie & Lola. She grabbed Callie's face and smooshed it around, and although it wasn't painful to Callie, I'm sure it was annoying. She just sat there and let the girl love all over her, very patiently and sweetly. Lola even let the little girl pet her a little, which is a HUGE deal for Lola!! She is so scared of kids & usually growls & gets a little defensive & hides behind me. I've been working with her by making sure every little kid we meet gives her treats & she gets praise, so I was so happy to see Lola have a positive reaction to a child.
    We got into the room & Callie & Lola instantly jumped on the fluffy king size bed (Callie is currently building a nest in the pillows; always where she goes when we get in a hotel). Then they ran to investigate the window. We're on the ground floor looking onto a fairly busy sidewalk & road, with lots to see. The window is only 2 feet off the ground, with a ledge big enough for them to sit on. I jumped in the shower & when I got out 20 minutes later, they were both staring out the window, mesmerized with all the activity outdoors.
    We got in a good walk in the square across the street from our hotel, and they have been so patient with all the crate time they've logged today (5 hours in the car, plus several hours while I was looking at apartments and then again when i went out for dinner & drinks).
    Its supposed to rain tomorrow, but if it doesn't we may meet up with some Ibizan friends, or maybe go to dog friendly Fort Pulaski & a dog friendly restaurant (apparently Savannah is VERY dog friendly!!! Yay!)
    I'm so glad I brought them with me. They really make the trip that much better, rather than more stressful.

I have stayed at the Mansion before it is really a funky boutique hotel for being in an old southern city like Savannah. So if your there, I guess we won't see you at lure coursing practice tomorrow.

Suggested Topics