• I think Chow-Chow might have a fused pad configuration similar to the Basenji, but I do not know of any others. Your dog does not look like he has any Chow in him. My best guess? He has some Basenji.

• @JazzysMom:

Thanks.

So… how DOES the AKC then determine which dogs can be allowed into the stud book?

AKC doesn't determine, the members of the BCOA do. We vote on dogs that have been through a screening process and graded by a panel of basenji experts. I think there is a full explanation of the process on the BCOA website.

• @Quercus:

AKC doesn't determine, the members of the BCOA do. We vote on dogs that have been through a screening process and graded by a panel of basenji experts. I think there is a full explanation of the process on the BCOA website.

Thanks again. I'll go check it out… though something tells me I've looked this up before. sigh. The memory is going . . .

• He looks like a Basenji mix to me - and his characteristics are very like my B and the others I know - but whether or not, you are always welcome here. This is a great place to get advice and general conversation regarding all aspects of raising and loving your dog, especially when he does things you never saw a dog do before, which are very common for the Basenjis.

Suggested Topics