• I would fix that gap asap. If the B learns that it's a weak spot, it will never forget, and then it may take even more extensive measures to B-proof it. Even if it couldn't fit through now, it could probably dig out in 2 minutes. It's not enough to be B-proof now, you've got to stay a step ahead. I even suggest putting a trench of lava rock around the inside of the fence. B's do not like to dig through that stuff.

• @JoeyQ:

I thought I was so clever when I got a few pop up covered trach cans. If Joey can't open it by stepping on the pedal, he just knocks it over! No problem.
    I would put away the shoes at the front door if your B will have access to them. Joey loooooooooooooooves shoes! (If you want a new pair of shoes, well then of course keep them out! :D) and that goes for remodeling too. If you need a room remodeled, just leave the little B to do his work. It's free demolition!!! I am thinking of redoing my bath….

I guess the shoes will have to be cold in the morning and go into the garage.
    Oh I hope our B never does anything to this house (we rent) that would be a sad day for me. I will be with Guru at all times though and if not he will be in his crate or with my dh.

• @Vegas:

I would fix that gap asap. If the B learns that it's a weak spot, it will never forget, and then it may take even more extensive measures to B-proof it. Even if it couldn't fit through now, it could probably dig out in 2 minutes. It's not enough to be B-proof now, you've got to stay a step ahead. I even suggest putting a trench of lava rock around the inside of the fence. B's do not like to dig through that stuff.

Under our fence all the way around is cement there is no way he can dig his way out. When we were looking into houses to rent we took having a basenji into mind (the owner even put a new taller fence in for us):) On the one side yard there is a grass area ut rocks all alond the fence over there (the ppl who live here before us had a dog we keep finding their doggy toys in the yard)

Suggested Topics