• Pics and videos of the pups at 7 weeks old

http://sherwoodbasenjis.com/puppies7.html

• They are very nice Robyn. But one question, why a pet home for the Tri girl? She looks nice in the pic-good topline, nice shelf, head not bad?

• Houston

Wow, they have grown so much..absolutely adorable..

• @nomrbddgs:

They are very nice Robyn. But one question, why a pet home for the Tri girl? She looks nice in the pic-good topline, nice shelf, head not bad?

Actually her head is rather poor. It is slightly domed making her ear set low. She lacks a defined stop and the round eyes are distracting. That alone puts her in the pet only category.

To be honest, this litter did not turn out as well as I had hoped for. Their temperament, personalities, and trainability is OUTSTANDING but structurally, some of them really fail.

The best pup in the litter is the tri male. He stood out from early on and hasn't let me down. He is put together beautifully and never puts a foot wrong. Second best pup in the litter is the plain red girl. The plain red boy has a lot of very nice things about him too.

I always linebreed so I typically get consistent litters. This breeding was a partial outcross so I expected more variety. What I didn't expect was certain flaws that cropped up. (The flashy red girl has me really scratching my head. :eek:) I brought in bad feet from using this sire and the pups have larger than usual umbilical hernias.

I will say that these have been some of the most delightful puppies I have ever raised. They are so bright and eager to please. They are bold, athletic, and playful but they also adore visitors. Everyone who comes is greeted by the whole pack of puppies climbing on them. I could not be happier with their temperaments.

• Oooh, I see what you mean. I didn't look at the front facing pic. I had noticed the feet as well. But, you do have temperment, so at least that's one thing!

Suggested Topics