• I think Maverick is at his "general" adult size and I would loooove to get him a GREAT New Collar! I REALLY Like the look (comfortable it seems) of the THICK collars that cover much of the neck, but I am also interested in a Collar that will assist us in continuing Mav's Training in the WALKING on a Leash Field (LOL) Is there a sort of collar that is SAFE for his neck but has a sort of (gosh I hate to even use the word but a cannot think of another way to describe it haha) Choke Chain type thing collar? something i can give a quick tug and keep him at the heel?? Id LOOOOOVE All your personal Favs and PICTURES or Links if you have them!! Its time for a REAL Collar!! 🙂

• This was linked in a previous thread, but they are the best looking collars I've seen around.

http://www.hideandcollars.co.uk/collar4.htm

• I like Debbey's collars, http://web.mac.com/debbey/iWeb/Site/FANCY%20MARTINGALE%20COLLARS.html, I have ones like the ones toward the bottom of the page. You can see my dogs wearing them in this thread, http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=7054

• Houston

I can vouch for Debbey's collars as well, per lvoss's recommendations.
    Otis loves his. The other ones Otis has is called Lupine collars, the combination martingale kind, acts like a regular collar if leash is attached to one d-ring, or like a gentle choke collar if attached to a different d-ring..

Otis collar by Debbey

The lupine collar in choke mode, or martingale mode..

• Thanks!! I Ordered one, CANNOT WAIT to get it!! 🙂

• Be careful leaving those types of collars on the dog unattended. I have had mine get the loop part caught in their own mouth, not to mention if you have more then one dog that are playing they can get caught up in the loop also… And it is not pretty when it happens. I had both Mickii and OJ get the loop into their mouths to the point I have to cut off the collar. Good thing we were are a show and were there watching the dogs. Of course, however, I don't leave collars on at home...

• @tanza:

Be careful leaving those types of collars on the dog unattended. I have had mine get the loop part caught in their own mouth, not to mention if you have more then one dog that are playing they can get caught up in the loop also… And it is not pretty when it happens. I had both Mickii and OJ get the loop into their mouths to the point I have to cut off the collar. Good thing we were are a show and were there watching the dogs. Of course, however, I don't leave collars on at home...

+1 on this. A couple years ago, I had Ruby catch her mouth on her collar once when it was slack and she was goofing around - luckily I was right there to fix it. I don't leave collars on when they are in the house or playing in the yard - I pretty much only use collars when walking the kids.

• I don't leave collars on them at home either and agree that martingales shouldn't be left on unattended.

• Agreed! Its for walks (and picture taking! lol)

• Houston

Otis doesn't wear his at home either only if on a lead..safety is key.

Suggested Topics