• Here are pups at 24 days. First pics are Magic (Black Magic).
    attachment_t_7900_0_magic1.jpg
    attachment_t_7900_1_magic.jpg

• This is Bart (Black Bart).
    attachment_p_98033_0_bart1.jpg
    attachment_p_98033_1_bart.jpg

• This is Johnny (Man in Black).
    attachment_p_98034_0_johnny1.jpg
    attachment_p_98034_1_johnny2.jpg
    attachment_p_98034_2_johnny.jpg

• And now BG (Black Gold).
    attachment_p_98035_0_bg1.jpg
    attachment_p_98035_1_bg2.jpg
    attachment_p_98035_2_bg3.jpg
    attachment_p_98035_3_bg.jpg

• They are absolutely gorgeous :D!
    I'm curious how they will be growing :).
    I like the name Black Gold, it is great synonym for Tri 🆒.

• Aries' Dam was Ch. Palm Desert's Black Gold.

Definitely a good name for a tri.

-Nicole

• Houston

WHat little cuties..I love their names, good picks. I really like Black Gold..very fitting..but they are all good.

Which one are you keeping? ;);)

• What lovely babies - they make me quite broody!!!!!!

• Some day, I will have a b/w.
    These pups are lovely.
    Thanks for sharing

• how come they are soooooo DARN cute??????!!!!

• I have no idea at this point which one I am keeping. Black Bart definitely lives up to his name though-he's bad. Johnny is very sweet and shy at this point. BG is a typical tri-he's bold and sneaky at the same time. Magic is a suck as well. But he's a lot more outgoing than Johnny. We'll have to wait and see how they turn out further. I'm concerned because the tails on the blacks are all really funky at the end. Again, it's a wait and see game at this point.

• I really miss having black/whites in the house. Cute babies, Arlene. Looking forward to watching them grow.

• @nomrbddgs:

I have no idea at this point which one I am keeping. Black Bart definitely lives up to his name though-he's bad. Johnny is very sweet and shy at this point. BG is a typical tri-he's bold and sneaky at the same time. Magic is a suck as well. But he's a lot more outgoing than Johnny. We'll have to wait and see how they turn out further. I'm concerned because the tails on the blacks are all really funky at the end. Again, it's a wait and see game at this point.

What do you mean by "funky"…...? Are you referring to what is commonly known as "end tail rot"?.... I have always put A&D on my pups tails from birth after I had a case of "tail rot" with one litter and even lost the tip on two of the pups... no one has been able to determine what/why it happens, but on my litters after, using A&D every day, I never had another problem. In looking at the pictures again, I would guess that is maybe what is going on... "maybe"... but even if they loose the tip, they have more then enough white to work out just fine. One of my pups ended up with about 20 white hairs on his tail....

• Hi Tanza,

For the completely uninitiated here, could you give a bit more detail on the "end tail rot" ??? I havent ever heard of this, and am curious to hear more about it :). Also what is A&D ???

nomrbddgs,

Congrats on a gorgeous litter. I am desperately wanting a B/W, I have even enquired about some semen from a Swedish dog, but I think it will just be toooooooooo expensive, even if I go halves with another Aussie breeder :rolleyes:…

• A & D is a baby rash cream used for lot's of things. My daughter does modeling they use it on there lips made my tummy turn but they do it anyway. No nothing about the tails but I also would like to know more.

Rita Jean

• Thanks Rits Jean :D:D. I thought it sounded like it was some sort of cream type of thingy !!!

• I have been putting a cream on them. But in tail rot, it usually purples, blackens and falls off. These tails still have hair on them and are warm. I had thought it was tail rot, but am still unsure, which is why it is now a waiting game. On two of them they definitely have enough white tip, the other I am unsure of. But there should be enough white. Here is a pic of the tail end on the largest tip. It's blurry, but you'll get the idea. It definitely looks like tail rot, but again they are warm and have fur.
    attachment_p_98074_0_tail1.jpg

• @YodelDogs:

I really miss having black/whites in the house. Cute babies, Arlene. Looking forward to watching them grow.

Maybe next year Robyn!

• I am not sure if it always looks the way you described. I have heard some people say the tails get flaky, almost like cradle cap.

When you apply the cream to their tails, do you rub vigorously? Almost all the various methods that I have heard for preventing tail crud include rubbing it vigorously which may really be what makes them work.

I use the A&D, lanolin and petroleum jelly, like Pat does and I make sure to really rub the tail when applying.

• Yup, maybe too much as they squeal, but I'm keeping it up. I'm using Lamisil right now. Lamisil is used up here for various things including fungal infections, cradle cap, yeast infections, etc. I'm just keeping it up for now. That's really all I can do at this point. If they do survive (the tail tips), I should have enough hair to cover the tips of them anyway, as long as more doesn't atrophy.

Suggested Topics