• Everyone loves Bananas!! Or do they….:p

[yt]d-H-zIBow0I[/yt]

• He's soo cute.. ggg.. From the look on his face, I think the smell already gave a weird taste in his mouth 😉 😃

But he just keeps trying… ggg.. how brave.. 😃

• Houston

I can not believe you posted this today..look what Otis did early this morning..before 7 am..I had not fed them breakfast yet..he clearly couldn't wait..ate 4 total..and that included some peel..

He stole them out of our deep fruitbasket on the counter..it floors me that he took them since they had the peel on..
    Moses stole a pear off the counter yesterday..and 2 eggs fresh from the coop..and I have things all the way in on the counter..yet Moses reaches them and moves them closer to the edge for Otis to take..they work together..we like to call it resourceful.

Gizmo is getting so big..like the little young man..

• We do that here with oranges…. haha

• OMg he is soooo cute! I want a red boy like him 🙂 my girl HATES bananas! and most fruit for that matter 🙂

• I love the frowny expression on his face. He obviously recognises it as food and feels he should eat it but just can't 😃
    Otis is a Banana hound Petra

• Actually I think he doesn't fully trust me. I had him on antibiotics for 1 week a while back, and the pills were pretty big. Couldn't crush or split in two since they gave off a very bad taste and he would gag it up.

So now he thinks I am gonna try to get him to swallow a pill every time I give him a treat. Now when I ask him to "sit" he backs off and sits down 1 meter away…just to be safe...haha!

• Abbey hates them too. She backs off like I'm offering her a live rattlesnake!

• LOL…that was good. :D:D:D

All 3 of mine hate them - so Gizmo is in good company! He did better about investigating it than my b kids - they pretty much go to the opposite end of the room when I peel a banana.

• Gizmo your a love very handsome great video.

Rita Jean

• My cody loves banana's when I peel one I have to fight with him to get what I am going to eat. I usually give him the end pieces. Now Aurora want to try and eat some b/c Cody is eating it but she doesn't like it. But Aurora does like the freeze dried banana slices I get from Trader joe's organic grocery store. She eats them and then smacks her lips.

• @NerdyDogOwner:

Actually I think he doesn't fully trust me. I had him on antibiotics for 1 week a while back, and the pills were pretty big. Couldn't crush or split in two since they gave off a very bad taste and he would gag it up.

So now he thinks I am gonna try to get him to swallow a pill every time I give him a treat. Now when I ask him to "sit" he backs off and sits down 1 meter away…just to be safe...haha!

Gizmo reminds me of Kananga about how careful he is with new foods. He's too funny.

Although, anything with cheese, butter, or chicken, and Kananga is licking his lips with anticipation.

• I love the video.

I wonder how many basenjis like banana's? I can't recall one of mine that ever did although one bitch, Meadow, loved the skins! My sheep also love banana skins!!

• AJ sees me eating salad and asks for some. I give him a piece of lettuce and he does that same thing with the paw.

Gizmo has beautiful wrinkles.

Petra, what are you not feeding that dog?

• And Banana's are really good for Basenjis… I try and encourage my baby pups to sample them....

• Buddy won't touch a Banana. He'll sniff it from 2" away and turn around and walk off. Buddy acts like a monkey anyway so I don't want to make it worse.

• Wow, Gizmo REALLY resembles my Shango in this video! You have a very handsome boy who must make you smile a lot 🙂

• I Loved the Video!! Im Going to have to see if Maverick likes Bananas Now!!! Though hes not too much of a picky eater… he acts like he is STARVING All the time... so, we shall see! 🙂

• What a beautiful Basenji!

• My two don't like bananas either. Also there are dried blueberries in their food, and they very carefully spit them all over the floor rather than eat them. If I mix water into the food so the blueberries plump up, they do eat them - maybe they think they're stones when they aren't soft?

Suggested Topics