• Well, G has no double coat, but I do see the similarities with both the Malinois and the Husky looks. The part of the husky description that sounds the most like G is: "This is a high energy dog, especially when young. Good with children and friendly with strangers, they are not watchdogs, for they bark little and love everyone." But I don't think Huskies are as smart or trainable as G. the B description, however, is G to a T: "The Basenji is a dog requiring commitment of an owner. It's alert, very intelligent and independent. This short-haired dog has no bark but is able to produce plenty of other sounds that may make the owner (and neighbors) wish it did bark. Easily bored they will find their own entertainment to the owners displeasure. Not unlike a goat they will eat and chow on just about anything. They love freedom and the "hunt" and should not be left off leash unless securely confined in a fenced yard or enclosure. Plenty of exercise. Basenjis love to be a part of the family. They can get along with other dogs and cats (keep a close eye on them until they adjust). Don't, however, intend to raise rabbits or other small mammals that may rekindle their hunting instincts." Too, too true! I'm well aware to the rabbit issue, and as for the goat comparison, I came home today to a destroyed cardboard box (not a problem) and chewed window sills. Well, who put those window sills right at her level anyway?
    Thanks for all your help!

• Malinois can run around 50-65 lbs. But, if it's a cross, they can be anywhere depending on what they were bred with.

• Looks to me like a whole lot of GS in her.

• Thanks! I went to a Malinois & multi-breed forum and the general consensus is GS-Husky mix. I didn't realize H girls could be so small. Thanks, all for all the great feedback!

Kate & Giselle

Suggested Topics