• When I first adopted Beta as a rescue, she would walk or pace and poop becuase she was scared of the area around her because it was unfamiliar.

• @MaxBooBooBear:

Since Max often had loose stools due to inflammatory bowel disease, I would take paper plates in a plastic bag on our walks. When he would start the basenji spin, I would reach down with a plate. I got pretty darned good at catching everything 🙂 Of course, sometimes the neighbors would look at me funny. But that was easier than trying to get it up off the ground if it wasn't firm. One time, a young boy was with his dad who was doing some construction on a house by me, and he had his dad's megaphone he was playing with. He started giving a blow by blow description over the megaphone of me following behind Max trying to catch his poop. Now that was a little much :eek:

You gotta love little boys!!

I am sitting here laughing out loud with tears running down my face!! The visual of you keeping a paper plate in position….

Oh my, I needed that laugh. I have no clue what Beeji would do if I tried that. I had a friend who had a Samoyed and when she went, my friend would place a sheet of newsprint under her. Upon finish, roll the print and bag it.

This morning we went on a nice long walk and Beeji found a new place to poo! It is even farther away, but then it was my fault for walking so far (he says)

At least I'm getting exercise! I should take some before pics of me now and then this time next year. After a year of daily long walks, I should notice something!!!

Aloha,

• hmm I was having a hard time getting Bindi to poop in the back yard, she was doing fine for the first week, she kind of went in the same places for the most part, she changed them every now and then, but now I can't get her to poop out there

she's not really leash trained yet and often is too distracted by traffic to do her thing in the front yard 😕 maybe she feels the back is her play spot? yet she poops right next to the toys in the living room sometimes sigh

I hope she poops outside soon, she's been holding it for most of the day 😕

~Kat

Suggested Topics