• Houston

I am so glad to hear that he is Ok..it could be stress related..expecially since he is going through separation anxiety..

Hopefully he is back to his normal self soon…

• The only thing I have been doing differently was moving his bed out of my room and into the living-room. But he is positioned so he can see me.

Hm, I think I will move him back in. At least until his poop is solid again (hopefully).

Gonna also buy a D.A.P. collar and see if that helps.

• Some of the experts here feed their dogs pumpkin or sweet potatoes to firm up the poop. After you get him back on an even keel, check the nutrients in the food you have been feeding him…make sure it is appropriate for his breed, development stage and size. There are lots of great suggestions in Feeding and Nutrition.

He may have reacted to getting snarked at by that Boxer, too. It doesn't take much to set a Basenji off.

• Our Dalmatians got this a few times and we would get them on Flagyl (metronidazole) which seemed to do the trick in a few days. It is probably listed under a different brand name in Norway. You may want to ask your vet if they think this drug may help.

• Agree with all said above - when Gemma has that problem, too often it seems to me, the chicken, rice and cottage cheese diet seems to clear it up. She's never had the blood situation though, so have the vet check for Giardia, and follow her suggestions - best of luck to you - poor baby.

• So happy to hear your boy is comming home and doing well. Has to get better so he can go find another kitty again. I do know Jaycee does not like change we took the sofa out and it upset her bottom end that night better next day. Then fourth day we got new sofa and upset her that day again and now all is well. I would try putting his crate back in your room. Take care.

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics