Book on alternative diets for Bs?

• First Basenji's

😕
    Hello all.
    I'm looking for a book about feeding our Basenjis a more healthly diet….maybe raw or holistic or natural........not depending on store bought dog food. I see Amazon has a pretty good selection of these books for dogs. Would these books for all breeds be fine for Basenjis? Can anyone recommend a good reference book for us?
    Thank you!!
    Sadie 🙂

• I have been feeding my dogs different recipes out of The Healthy Dog Cookbook by Jonna Anne with Mary Straus.

• First Basenji's

Thank you Dan (Nobarkus) and Ivoss! You Basenji Forum people come through for me once again! When I get back home (Mesa, AZ) I'll hit the bookstore with my list of recommendations and see what I can find. (I'm flying to Sacramento this weekend to see my son play in his last college football home game….....go UC Davis Aggies!! 😃 )

• Go Aggies! I live in Woodland and am a UCD alum. We will be just down the road in Dixon lure coursing the dogs.

• First Basenji's

@lvoss:

go aggies! I live in woodland and am a ucd alum. We will be just down the road in dixon lure coursing the dogs.

GO DOGGIES!!!!! :d

• First Basenji's

@SyberSade:

GO DOGGIES!!!!! :d

I meant "GO DOGGIES! :D"

• Houston

I would also recommend the yahoo group Rawfedbasenjis, or any raw yahoo group, if raw is what you would like looking into.

This is one of my favorite books on the topic;
    Natural Nutrition for Dogs and Cats; The Ultimate Diet, by Kymythy R. Schultze.

Hope your son's game ROCKS!!!

• First Basenji's

@SyberSade:

Thank you Dan (Nobarkus) and Ivoss! You Basenji Forum people come through for me once again! When I get back home (Mesa, AZ) I'll hit the bookstore with my list of recommendations and see what I can find. (I'm flying to Sacramento this weekend to see my son play in his last college football home game….....go UC Davis Aggies!! 😃 )

@lvoss:

Go Aggies! I live in Woodland and am a UCD alum. We will be just down the road in Dixon lure coursing the dogs.

FYI Ivoss….........UCDavis won the game I went to see son #2 play in! BUT, last weekend UCD lost to Sac State in the Causeway Classic......which made son #1 really happy because he is in a masters program there. But UCDavis had a great season. I think the guys are pretty happy about it (even though they would've liked to beat the Hornets!). Hope you and your "kids" had a great time at the lure cousing..........I was SO tempted to sneak away and run over to Dixon to check it out..........but couldn't bring myself to leave my boys since I rarely see them anymore. 😉

Suggested Topics