• I've had my guy for a while now and he has been quite well behaved in many circumstances….until recently. I have/had a box of tissues on the bottom of my coffee table for a while. Previously he never really paid much attention to it, the last couple of weeks he's been just, what I can only describe as "drive by" snatching tissues. It's actually kinda funny 'cause he goes into that B500 mode and there's just not that much space in the house and I'll get on the floor to play with him and the next thing I see is him snatching a tissue. Then I grab it from him and we play some more with it (yeah,yeah...bad teaching:eek:,)...but he has fun, I have fun..and at the end of the day......anyway, I got tired of him stealing my tissues and found a different place for them. Don't ya' know he's still looking for them. When we do the B500 now he still runs by looking for those tissues, (gosh, wouldn't want to humanize or anything:) - read lots of the forum)...but I think he looks disappointed 'cause they are not there.:D

• You turned it into a game that is special for him and I think he misses it. I don't think that's humanizing, it's your way of playing with your dog. Try putting one of his toys where the tissues were and see what he does…:D

• Houston

How funny…and how basenji like..We have had things sitting on levels I knew Otis could get to, yet he never did, so I thought, oh, he is such a good boy, leaving things alone…than all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he is all over those things, like magazines, tissue boxes, or even things that wouldn't interest dogs in general, like rugs or pillows..they are sneaky, is all I got to say..

Great story, though

• For a long time now, Gossy has managed to open the bathroom closet door to snatch tissues from the bottom shelf (I moved the cleaning chemicals to the top and the tissues had to go below). I was getting tired of having to go in and clean them up so I taped the door shut. When she discovered she couldn't get the door open, she turned to the toilet paper (which she otherwise ignores) and did the B500 with it :D. I untaped the closet door :o.

• I went to my sons wedding this past weekend and the B's were boarded at our favorite place, I had taken them early the day before we left and did some rearranging and super cleanning in the house. When they got back home, it was the tilted head look as if to ask "whats happened" priceless….they sniffed around, saw the there playground was ok ( the kitchen is their inside playground) and went on their merry way. I was told at the boarding place, that my B's rule the playtime, B 500's, running, jumping, all the dogs are pooped.

• Took my middle daughter on a college visit today. We ate at a sandwich shop, and she had part of her sandwich left so she brought it with her. We toured campus, bought a tshirt, got some info packets, the usual.
    got home and laid the sack of stuff on the island, totally forgetting the partial sandwich. had to run my son to basketball practice, husband and daughter outside shooting baskets and left the b's alone in the house for MAYBE 3 minutes. husband went in to take them out with him and he couldnt find hansel. he searched the entire house up and down stairs. found him hiding behind the kitchen table with the sandwich. hansel has gotten it out of the bag, out of the wrapper and had it gone, turkey/bacon and cheese. it seems he was not fond of the bread. we just laughed and laughed. silly boy.. and now we will not put leftover sandwiches on the counter.. (not). we will try anyway.

• Took my middle daughter on a college visit today. We ate at a sandwich shop, and she had part of her sandwich left so she brought it with her. We toured campus, bought a tshirt, got some info packets, the usual.
    got home and laid the sack of stuff on the island, totally forgetting the partial sandwich. had to run my son to basketball practice, husband and daughter outside shooting baskets and left the b's alone in the house for MAYBE 3 minutes. husband went in to take them out with him and he couldnt find hansel. he searched the entire house up and down stairs. found him hiding behind the kitchen table with the sandwich. hansel has gotten it out of the bag, out of the wrapper and had it gone, turkey/bacon and cheese. it seems he was not fond of the bread. we just laughed and laughed. silly boy.. and now we will not put leftover sandwiches on the counter.. (not). we will try anyway.

• opps… did that twice. sorry. dont know how to remove one!

• @jonny:

… had it gone, turkey/bacon and cheese. it seems he was not fond of the bread. we just laughed and laughed. silly boy.. and now we will not put leftover sandwiches on the counter.. (not). we will try anyway.

Katie does that too! She almost never chooses to eat the bread, where Petey will eat the bread.

Suggested Topics