Basenji in Dallas, GA, has a new home!!!!

• Thank you for helping both these dogs. Does the b have dew claws?
    Often that is a clue if they came from a "quality" breeder or a for profit breeder.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Thank you for helping both these dogs. Does the b have dew claws?
    Often that is a clue if they came from a "quality" breeder or a for profit breeder.

Really? Buddy still has his dew claws. The rescue lady, Karen said she had an idea where he made have come from and she said he was a good breeder. He's the first B I have had that had dew claws.

• Dan, its just something I use when looking a unknow dogs and trying to find out where they come from.
    The breeders on the list will let you all know they usually take the dew claws off by day 3 for the puppies.
    Your breeder may have decided not do to it, but its not the "norm".

• The majority of responsible breeders in the US remove dewclaws. Also, a responsible breeder would want their puppy to come back to them if they needed to be rehomed.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Thank you for helping both these dogs. Does the b have dew claws?

Sharron - If I recall, he does have dew claws. I was more concerned with fleas crawling all over him, his hernia, not being neutered, and Dallas living in such a little crate when I first saw him. I'll post more when I get him home. Yesterday, when I visited Dallas, I did give him a Comfortis for fleas and left some very healthy chews and treats in his cage.

I'm praying he isn't heartworm positive. The treatment is dreadfully hard on a dog.

• Oh, you have the health of the b in mind, which is the way it should be. grin!
    With the fleas, make sure you get a fecal run, I always do, when dogs come in with fleas. Course, you could have this all covered.
    I am so glad your opening your home and heart to this b.
    We sure want to give you tons of hugs for this effort.

• Brilliant news Vicki, cant wait to see pics when he is home safe and sound.
    Brilliant news about Snow too, must be a good feeling to see him safe and sound.

• First Basenji's

Great news and congrats on the new family member! I'm glad that they are both safe. Hugs from Cody and me!

• You are an angel! Hugs to you and Dallas!

• Vicki, you ROCK!!!!:):):)

Suggested Topics