• Nicole - As individuals, we can only do so much. Don't feel guilty.

I hope someone steps up to the plate and helps this boy in Kansas.
    I, too, am worried about him.

• Sometimes the issue for rescue is not having a foster place to put the dog.
    I don't know if this is the case here, but most of rescue folks are pretty full.

• I would love to be a foster but, alas, I know I wouldn't be able to set my b free to go to a new family. Same reason I could never be a breeder….

• @vickilb:

I would love to be a foster but, alas, I know I wouldn't be able to set my b free to go to a new family. Same reason I could never be a breeder….

Vicki - I use to think that way, too. Yes, you get attached, but you know the people you are working with are capable and have the best interest of the dog in mind. I was surprised I could foster without tears and antics!

"I am involved in dog rescue: my wallet and gas tank are always running on empty, my house is never quiet and free of dog hair, nor is my car, my inbox is full of ongoing despair and misery, but my heart and soul are replenished with unconditional love, loyalty, and joy that can only come from a rescued dog!" ~ Author Unknown

• I contacted BRat and my foster mom of my brat and the shelter to see how things are going. If I hear anything, I will share. We are 3 hours away from Hutch and had planned to be out of town on Saturday, but I will keep trying.

• GOOD NEWS!!!!!
    I just got this from my BRAT contact and they are taking care of YODEL IN HUTCHINSON. So no more worries!!!
    HERE IS THE EMAIL I JUST GOT:

just completed the BRAT information , etc with the shelter. A BRAT applicant/volunteer will be there within about 30 min. to get Yodel. We may need to find someone to Foster yodel but won't know until he gets evaluated. I'll let you know tonight what is going on.

• This is great news! I have been thinking about Yodel. Hope he finds a great home, chances are much better for him now.

• BETTER NEWS!!!!
    YODEL IS SAVED!
    Yodel has been picked up from the shelter and is on his way to Wichita now.

• Houston

Awesome news indeed. Yodels will begin his journey to a better life on a good foot..
    Thank you to all of you involved..

• @jonny:

BETTER NEWS!!!!
    YODEL IS SAVED!
    Yodel has been picked up from the shelter and is on his way to Wichita now.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy to hear this! Please keep us posted.

@vickilb:

I would love to be a foster but, alas, I know I wouldn't be able to set my b free to go to a new family. Same reason I could never be a breeder….

You would be surprised. I think everyone has a failed foster here or there that you just click with so strongly that you can't let go. But the others, when you meet their new family, and see how happy the family is you just swell. I have actually become good friends with people who have adopted my fosters. When you know that they are going to good homes, and are going to be just as happy there as they were with you, it isn't hard to let go.

-Nicole

• Great news!

• This is GREAT news! He's a very handsome little guy. As always, I'm here to help with Foster…etc if he needs anything.

• win/win, I love happy beginning!
    I hope the new owners are able to find the forum.

• jonny b.: That is excellent news, indeed! Congratulations and thank you for helping get the ball rolling on this boy. His future is brighter now because of you. 😃

And because of nkjvcjs…without notification, none of this could have happened. I love seeing the miracles.

Thank you both.:) 🙂 🙂

• This would be a good place to use the song O HAPPY DAY. This was a very happy day.
    Thanks to everyone.

Rita Jean

• it is a GREAT feeling. and a great relief. 🙂 wish we could save them all. WELL, one dog at a time.

• Johnny B. Thanks so much for stepping up and getting this done!!! I am so grateful to you for stepping in on this.

• teamwork! 😉

• YODEL in Hutch kill shelter has been adopted, name changed to INDY and has a new daddy and family. 🙂 all is well today.
    God bless.

• Houston

Jonny B, thanks for the update, such news are great to here about..good for Indy..

Suggested Topics