• (This one may be a little tougher…)

Clues:
    As you can see from these pics, there are lots of steep hills here.
    There was a very famous song written about this state by my pet person's favorite musician.
    A well known author and NASA scientist who my pet person looks up to grew up and developed his love of rockets here.
    This state was once part of another country!
    The jolly fat man shops here for your gift if you misbehave.:eek:

Cheers!
    attachment_t_7366_0_09101801.jpg
    attachment_t_7366_1_09101802.jpg

• Another country? Maybe Louisiana? This like Jeopardy were you have to answer in the form of a question. AJ Trebeck as the host.

• My guess…maybe Ohio

NASA person = John Glenn, Song = Ohio - Neil Young...

• I am awful when it comes to this kind of game but I love it even if I am bad at it. I would have to go along with renaultf1.
    Nice pictures of your B.

Rita Jean

• Not a clue with the game but Aj looks to be winking in the first pic 😃
    Is AJ short for anything or is it just AJ?

• Maybe West Virginia and you meant it was part of another state and not another country? John Denver sang about it and Santa gets his lumps of coal there.

Pat

• Houston

Ok, so wild guess…Colorado..? John Denver, ROcky Mountain High, Santa gets coal there and it was once owned by France ( US got it when it accuired Louisiana)

I am a foreigner after all so give me some slack..

• How about Texas?

• Petra that will not work this foreigner stuff your one of us now. Hello Texas.

Rita jean

• @BasenjiDiva:

Maybe West Virginia and you meant it was part of another state and not another country? John Denver sang about it and Santa gets his lumps of coal there.

Pat

Lump of coal? I thought it was a fruit cake 😃

• Houston

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BasenjiDiva
    Maybe West Virginia and you meant it was part of another state and not another country? John Denver sang about it and Santa gets his lumps of coal there.

Pat

Lump of coal? I thought it was a fruit cake

Fruitcake only lands like a lump of coal once it hits your stomach…:D

• @BasenjiDiva:

Pat

And West Virginia is hilly and rugged too.

• I'm thinking West Virginia too. Song: Take Me Home County Roads by John Denver. And the Nasa engineer Homer Hickam was born there (October Sky was based on him). Plenty of coal.

• @mauigirl:

I'm thinking West Virginia too. Song: Take Me Home County Roads by John Denver. And the Nasa engineer Homer Hickam was born there (October Sky was based on him). Plenty of coal.

I think you and Diva are right…

• WV was my first thought too. So, AJ, is it "almost heaven" there?

• Maybe the "state was once part of another country" refers to when the NW part of West Virginia was part of the territory possessed by France before the start of the French and Indian War.

• The final consensus is correct. We were in West Virginia.
    The song reference is John Denver "Country Roads"
    Homer "Sonny" Hickam is the NASA scientist I admire.
    The country West Virginia was part of was Confederate States of America. I never said it was a FOREIGN country.:D
    And yes, The fat man gets a large portion of his coal there.

This is fun!

Cheers!

• Was definitely Almost Heaven today. A little overcast, but beautiful…especially for "Leaf-Peepers" like me. The colors on the hills were incredible.

Side note: October Sky, formerly titled Rocket Boys was written by Homer H. Hickam Jr. The book was my introduction to him and the story is why I admire him so much. He comes from rural roots like I do and has gone so far with his life.

• I love all the discussion. Texas will be a really hard one for me…so many details that are widely known about it. I can't even use "Was once it's own country" would be a dead giveaway.

AJ was named for his father Adam. He was the first male pup from his sire's first litter. Thus, Adam Jr. His registered name is "AJ Has It All." Covergirl didn't spell it out.

• yes, this is fun. I have some cousins that live in Charleston, WV.

We had summer today. Last week was winter, complete with snow and everything.

Suggested Topics