• Thanks again, I have used Aloe Vera on sunburn, as you say you can just rub the leaves over to get the gel out.
    You have had great results with your Horse and Great Dane. I will pass the info on to my cousin who keeps Horses.

• Mramsay - apologies I haven't been on line for a while owing to work pressures. Nosodes are homeopathic preparations. There is a nosode for dogs which covers all problems covered by conventional vaccinations. The one tablet covers Leptospirosis, Parvo Virus, Hepatitis Distemper and Kennel Cough.

I am a great believer in homeopathic preparations and also I too use Aloe Vera for various problems. I'm impressed by the use you make of it.

Since having heard Chris Day a noted homeopathic vet talk at a Canine Health Care meeting I no longer use conventional vaccines.

The book mentioned earlier - The Darling Buds of May is certainly well worth reading.

• Further to the mention of yearly vacs, a vet that i used to use in the next town wont see dogs unless they are up to date with their boosters

• I think that's called blackmail!

• Yes i think its taking away peoples choice

• No, it's me taking away my business!!!

• I totally agree. Vaccination boosters are just a way of making more money in my opinion. Even the drug companies acknowledge that yearly boosters are not always necessary.

I wonder if this vet checks on the dog's health and immunity levels bfore vaccination ?

From experience I know that vaccinating a dog that is not perfectly A1 healthy can be dangerous (or even fatal)!

• Some good news for us this morning. Bing had a two-week check up and his calcium levels are halfway back to normal + he's gained over 1kg, so he's on his way back!

• Wonderful news. Well done you and Bing.

• Brilliant news for Bing đŸ™‚

• Yes, we're quietly pleased. Even the vet noticed he was behaving more normally - for a Basenji, that is!

A real milestone will be passed when he starts, um, lifting his leg again!!!

• Well, our little Bing did lift his leg again, just once!

Then, sadly, he went into a decline which the vet thought was not recoverable from so we sent him on his way two weeks ago. We are both more sad than we ever thought was possible which is why it is only now I am able to post this.

Mike & Jenny

• Houston

Mike and Jenny..I am so sorry to hear about Bing..I can feel you pain..know that he is running again happy, go lucky on the other side of the bridge..

• Mike and Jenny i am so sorry for your loss of Bing

• I am very sorry to hear about Bing.

• Thank you all for your kind thoughts. If only we had a way of explaining to a rather lost little Basenji bitch (Rosie) what has happened to her lifelong friend…

• So sorry for your loss.

• Really sorry and sad to hear Bing when away!

• Houston

I know it is so hard to help the ones left behind what happened..We had two of our most beloved dogs pass in march and april, and Lou, the one that made it through april was devastated when Bogus past..we let him sniff the blanket Bogus was wrapped in when we came home from the vet, but I don't know if that helped or made things worse..
    They are both resting together in our back yard now..so they are together again..like the best friends they were for 12+ years..

• So very sorry about your loss. As I say to everyone as long as Bing is in your heart he will forever be with you. Your poor girl I know she must be so sad however with all love and time she is getting from you in time all will be better. Take care.

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics