• Basenjis are great little travelers - yes, little dog with a big dog mind - very smart, and very adaptable. We took ours on a 3000 RV trip in August - she very quickly adapted to knowing when the rig stops, she does her business, and she slept on the couch for long stretches of driving, getting up and looking out the windows at everything when we drove through towns or cities or where there was anything interesting to look at. We also took our cat, and Shaye, the Basenji, learned very quickly not to invade her space. But read very well all the background you can on the breed - off-leash is never a good thing unless there's a fence! They are escape artists. We have two now, and are planning another trip the end of this month - we have no doubt it will be another good experience. Good luck on your search, I do recommend the Basenji for fun and travel.

• Space restrictions?? I know my b's are either on my lap, or on each other…that doesn't take much space at all...lol.

• Mine had always love the RV.. it was their second home for show weekends, which was about every weekend… My Mickii's favorite thing was to steal the silverware out of the sink and hide it in the bed, my bed that is... nothing like climbing into your nice soft bed and sitting on a "FORK".... OR KNIFE!!!!!

• Yes, ma'am, space limitations.
    Since I am the only driver in this truck, it would be awkward to have two Basenji jockeying for position while I'm trying to conduct 80,000 pounds down a two-lane road.:p
    AJ is king of this castle. I doubt very much he would want to move over for someone else.
    Besides, I'm keeping the last little bit of space open for Melody if it turns out she needs it. AJ always did love her. He helped raise her.

Cheers:)

• Hi Guys I have a foster right now that is just came available for adoption and looking for his new home. He is right around 9-10 months old. He is a active pup, loves people and would make a great traveling companion. He just loves to go places and be out and about with his "humans"

You can check out his BRAT page here http://www.basenjirescue.org/DOGS/OK/OK-Teddy.asp

Suggested Topics